Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok what type of plug are you using?

what gap ?

you guys think autolites ar103 .32 gap is ok for 4#er, JDM 12" cone is ok.

and if your running rich will it hurt HP?

Mike :smt004

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am going to install NGK TR-6 gapped at .037. I have a 4# Lower, SCtuner and exhaust...
This is what I usually go by for gap...

Stock boost to +2 - .038-.042

+3 to +4 psi- .036-.038

+5 to +6 psi- .032-.036

more than +6psi- .028-.032

Found this on a F150online thread.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ngk tr6's only because i run nitrous with the gap set at 34 . if your not on nitrous the hotter standard plug will get you more power . tune a little richer and not too much timing.

ken

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I'm on Denso IT-22's gapped at .038 - .040
Works Flawless on many diff set ups I run

4lbs
6lbs
4 w/juice
6 with juice
Now times it by 2, since I run those set ups on both programs

TR6's are great in most cases and the usual choice for most, but I happen to rather run colder plugs, and BR7's do give some people street driving issues

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed the iridium NGK tr5ix gapped at .38 and they idle as good as the densos and look to be a little more durable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
NGK BRE7EF's gapped at 30

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thundergod, TR5IX are the same heat range as the stock plugs, be careful as I fried two of thm on my HD last year...I just installed the TR6's today, gapped at .038.
I was pleased to see that all the stock plugs had the same gap at .044 and didn't look too bad...w/4# lower and SCT.

·
Registered
29 Posts
TR-5IX's here, but I am still running stock pulleys. I am upgrading to the TR-6IX's this weekend while my L is in pieces in the garage.

Started getting the telltale spark plug tick so thought I would change them, then decided it was easier to change with the supercharger off so I could clean my intercooler...BLAH

RhinoHD, good information on the plug gapping, that is a handy range remember.

Lightning Mike, those look to be OK, I think the AR-103's are the equivalent of the TR-6 if I remember correctly. Running rich isn't necessarily a bad thing unless you are too rich, then you are more likely to foul a plug and lose HP. Best bet is to dyno it after you install all the goodies, then you can check the A/F and dial it in.

Happy Modding,

Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts