Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Honey Badger Don't care
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trucks been making noise for probably 8 months. I thought and would swear it was an exhaust leak, So I put header gaskets on, seemed better then took the truck out. After the first full throttle run it started again.

Then found my collector gaskets were shit, replaced them. Stil some light ticking under throttle, Took truck out first full throttle run started doing it again.

It's Just an annoying ticking sound. I can hear it inside the truck its coming from the driver side. I cant hear it if I pop the hood and look, however I can hear it if I stick my head in the wheel well.

Possibly an internal issue with my heads???? It has Dynatech headers, and all gaskets were bought new through them.

I'm Lost. trying to get this figured out so I can get to the dyno..... I hope somebody else may have had some similar experience.

TY

·
Rumpshaker
1,555 Posts
+1
Headers tick like mad and are annoying most of the time.

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
If you're worried about an internal sound, and easy way to check is to take a long extension and put one end solid on the part (area) in question and your ear to the other end. If the sound is coming from inside, you'll know it loud and clear.

·
Registered
90 Posts
just had a similar noise come from my truck, sounded like valvetrain noise or a slight ticking from my lifters, and it was only on the pass. side. under the hood really couldnt hear it but listen near the wheel well and you could hear it real good, had a dyno app. the next weekend so i was gonna do a tune up on her anyways. found out #2 and #3 spark plugs backed them selfs loose and was leaking compression changed out plugs for some tr6's and torqued em right, tick is GONE! Then my luck on my dyno runs my IAT2s where nearing 170*+, found out my IC pump took a crap on me :smt013 so now im waiting for my next dyno app.

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Mine does the same thing, I just chalk it up to the truck hates me and is trying to ruin my bank accounts. Then I drink beer while looking under the hood degrading it for a couple hours, shut the hood beat the wife up and go to sleep. I think it's just one of the things with these trucks that can't be cured.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Mine makes an annoying ticking that seems pretty loud. I do not have headers, just a cat back. Mine is intermittent though, sometimes its there, then it will go away. Is it likely these sounds are doing any damage or are they just annoying?

·
Honey Badger Don't care
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine does the same thing, I just chalk it up to the truck hates me and is trying to ruin my bank accounts. Then I drink beer while looking under the hood degrading it for a couple hours, shut the hood beat the wife up and go to sleep. I think it's just one of the things with these trucks that can't be cured.

LMAO.... Thats what I'm talking about :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.