Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vacuum pump is in position. Used a motor plate from Competition Engineering to mount the pump. Cut the spacer on the mandrel .120 to to get the belt aligned and cut off what was not needed on the motor plate. Hate hanging things off the end of the crank, but pump takes less than 1hp to turn. Coils are in position as well. Plan on putting the motor in the truck tomorrow and mock up for wiper cowl and firewall clearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Very nice! Too bad I kept my a/c system. Your setup is the way to go. Currently researching making a vacuum pump driven by a brushless DC motor for rc helicopters.

·
105's Coming Soon!!!
2,359 Posts
Looking good Jeff…

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas.

Hope the DC motor research pans out Matt. Star Machine offers a DC motor pump that's run off Dewalt power tool batteries. That setup is not too practical though. Removing street car parts makes things much simpler.

Dropped the motor in and mocked up blower today. Still need to remove 1" of the wiper cowl on the PS and 0.5" on the DS. Slowly getting there.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,677 Posts
Keep the progress pics coming!

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
Thanks fellas.

Hope the DC motor research pans out Matt. Star Machine offers a DC motor pump that's run off Dewalt power tool batteries. That setup is not too practical though. Removing street car parts makes things much simpler.

Dropped the motor in and mocked up blower today. Still need to remove 1" of the wiper cowl on the PS and 0.5" on the DS. Slowly getting there.
That poor Firewall, is there much left to remove? LOL. At least you do it the right way!!!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That poor Firewall, is there much left to remove? LOL. At least you do it the right way!!!!
Yep poor fella LOL. The GT500 bypass setup takes up additional room on the PS side and the mammoth intake plus throttle body east into the DS side. Thanks Stan I try.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hurry uppp and finish!

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Gonna be a honor to be using some of your castoffs on Jerry Lee Jeff. The M9 plus your axles with the 5/8 lugs and your old Bogarts will help him be all he can be. Just need a spool and a center section and I will be ready to go. You have the baddest build going now for sure. The powder coated frame will be awesome, along with 14" wide Billet Specialities wheels.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts