Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a chance to work on the truck today, which rarely ever happens. But i put in the JLP rear shackles to compliment the already installed front Ground Force coils. I didnt quite get the level effect i was looking for, but it looks better than before. While i was in there, i installed a set of QA1 shocks. Wow, what a difference. Nice and level ride, smooth yet firm, and so much more control! I have them set at front 7, and rear 5. The right rear sits about 1/2 inch higher than the left rear.. dunno why.. anyway, heres the pics!

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
:rockon_ford:rockon_ford:smt023:smt023

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
Love it!!! Thats the best Silver black combo

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice I like the truck where did You get ur decals at
They were on the truck when i bought it.. but i love em.

looks good. that on the 4" setting?
Yea, this is on the highest bolt hole setting.. I was expecting more of a drop. oh well.

Thanks guys! Im loving the way it looks, and the way it drives now! Im considering putting the front shocks up a notch, to 8, to stiffen it up a bit more. Trial and error!

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
looks good...

as for the right rear sitting higher... Your gas tank is on the left side of the truck

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
I like the stance, but chrome rims would set it off right

·
Out of the game...
4,210 Posts
Looks good man. Ya the JLP shackles aren't even close to the 4" the advertise. I'd say take out a leaf or two. If you can try to find some Eibach rear hangars. I don't know if they sell them with out the front coils, but if you can I'd do that. All I had was the hangars in the rear on mine and it definitely came down 4 inches.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Your truck looks great!

Mine sites 1/2 inch higher in the right rear to. It sat like that in stock form, with 2 inch shackles only, and now with Hotchkis leafs it still sits 1/2 inch higher. Fuel level has no effect on it. I almost put my 2 inch shackle back on the right side but I was afraid it would screw up my pinion angle.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, im pretty happy with it right now. Im getting ready to throw a 4# lower pulley, SCT maf, and retune it!

As far as the 1/2 difference... my tank was on 1/8 of a tank, so i figured it wasnt that. i would consider removing a leaf, but dont really have too much time for that. If i went that direction, id want to remove the front isolators to drop the front a bit more too.. haha.. ill just keep driving it the way it is until i cant take it anymore! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts