Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a chance to work on the truck today, which rarely ever happens. But i put in the JLP rear shackles to compliment the already installed front Ground Force coils. I didnt quite get the level effect i was looking for, but it looks better than before. While i was in there, i installed a set of QA1 shocks. Wow, what a difference. Nice and level ride, smooth yet firm, and so much more control! I have them set at front 7, and rear 5. The right rear sits about 1/2 inch higher than the left rear.. dunno why.. anyway, heres the pics!

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
:rockon_ford:rockon_ford:smt023:smt023

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
Love it!!! Thats the best Silver black combo

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice I like the truck where did You get ur decals at
They were on the truck when i bought it.. but i love em.

looks good. that on the 4" setting?
Yea, this is on the highest bolt hole setting.. I was expecting more of a drop. oh well.

Thanks guys! Im loving the way it looks, and the way it drives now! Im considering putting the front shocks up a notch, to 8, to stiffen it up a bit more. Trial and error!

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
looks good...

as for the right rear sitting higher... Your gas tank is on the left side of the truck

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
I like the stance, but chrome rims would set it off right

·
Out of the game...
4,210 Posts
Looks good man. Ya the JLP shackles aren't even close to the 4" the advertise. I'd say take out a leaf or two. If you can try to find some Eibach rear hangars. I don't know if they sell them with out the front coils, but if you can I'd do that. All I had was the hangars in the rear on mine and it definitely came down 4 inches.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Your truck looks great!

Mine sites 1/2 inch higher in the right rear to. It sat like that in stock form, with 2 inch shackles only, and now with Hotchkis leafs it still sits 1/2 inch higher. Fuel level has no effect on it. I almost put my 2 inch shackle back on the right side but I was afraid it would screw up my pinion angle.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, im pretty happy with it right now. Im getting ready to throw a 4# lower pulley, SCT maf, and retune it!

As far as the 1/2 difference... my tank was on 1/8 of a tank, so i figured it wasnt that. i would consider removing a leaf, but dont really have too much time for that. If i went that direction, id want to remove the front isolators to drop the front a bit more too.. haha.. ill just keep driving it the way it is until i cant take it anymore! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
19 Participants
RTornio
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing