Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you have one of this in there truck i am about to install it and will like to see one all ready install to help me out on how this fits in there

·
Boostaholic
5,129 Posts
You really can't go wrong. The instructions explain it pretty good too. on the frame under the cab there are four existing holes just before it makes its angle up for the bed and that is where the loop goes. Its really easy once your under there. if you have a bassani catback you have may have a little fight but nothing major

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
You really can't go wrong. The instructions explain it pretty good too. on the frame under the cab there are four existing holes just before it makes its angle up for the bed and that is where the loop goes. Its really easy once your under there. if you have a bassani catback you have may have a little fight but nothing major
Yup very easy install! It takes about 20 mins

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supposedly its a direct bolt in piece with no welding or drilling required. I have one but its been sitting at Dol's house for a year waiting for me to put it on. Procrastination is a biotch.
Here is the thing when i got it it didnt came with instructions it was a new part but got it of a friend about 6 months ago.Thanks guys i thing with this info will do it i just finish last night with the long bars and now need this thing on for the track tomorrow night.

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Took me about 15 min. Hang the top part, push the lower bar into place, bolt it down, then bolt the top loop in.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,603 Posts
Mine fit so tight between the frame rails that I had to break out a 5# hammer.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Mine wouldnt fit with my Magnaflow catback, I needed another 1" clearance.
Had to weld the hangers higher this time around to get the clearance.

I suppose before I redid my exhaust I could have put a piece of heater hose over the bar and used a jack to force it to work.

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
All it's there for is in case your u-joints fail it can catch the d/s. Even then...even if that d/s falls, it's just gonna crumple up, you're not gonna do like a catipult or whatever.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,603 Posts
It's only made to catch the front of the driveshaft in case of a failure up front. If the joint fails at the rear, the shaft is just gonna drop and possibly fall out. As SHOKDU said, it is made to keep from driving the front of the shaft into the ground..and also from spinning around and tearing up exhaust, gas tank, bed, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts