Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, pulled the SC off and in doing so I went to pull off one of the boots of the bypass valve the nipple broke off. Did some research and saw that you cant buy them separately from ford (which I'm gonna see if my friend can do something we both work at ford). I work in the body shop so I panel bonded the nipple back on carefully and it broke again above where I repaired it. So basically if I can't come up with one where do I go from here other than repairing again and being very careful. It has the bypass mod on it already I believe. I guess the biggest thing would be to get to where the butterfly remains closed and maybe coupling the two vacuum lines together?

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
super glue.... or JB weld it till you can get a new one. Should take 2-3 days to get a new one once you order it from stealership.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh so they do service them separately? I'm good its been sitting in the garage for a couple weeks I've just been driving my daily. I just remember reading it wasn't available separately but the post was from a few years back. Sounded dumb to me. I get my buddy to get on it once I get to work in the morning

·
Upgraded In Tank Fuel Line Kits!!!!
7,794 Posts
they are hella expensive at the dealership, I'd fix it or find a used one!!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
You can fab up a metal tab and use a SC bolt to hold the bypass closed. I did it by mistake when I deleted my EGR and fabing up a small plate for the one sensor that stays. That can get you by till you replace the bypass.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have a extra one off a old spare blower it's yours if you want it f you don't mind me shipping it usps.

Pm my addy an I can get it out tomorrow

---
- IPhone set

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I was figuring I might be able to just weld the tab to the set screw to hold it closed but I haven't really looked at it too much. I used the panel bond to glue it back down but it broke again when I was trying to slide hose over it since i had to cut the boot to get the nipple out. I pm'd you iStruck. I really appreciate it man

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
running the SC constantly in boost is not good for the SC just FYI...

·
Registered
638 Posts
It will go out tomorrow, an from md to va you should have it wed/thur I think

---
- IPhone set

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,713 Posts
It will go out tomorrow, an from md to va you should have it wed/thur I think

---
- IPhone set