Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I ordered the snow performance Stage 2 kit and will put it on my truck (when i get it back..LOL) and once my engine is broken in I will try it out. Has anyone used a methonal kit before?

I am going to have the boost activated switch where I will have it start spraying around 9 -10 psi.

Rich

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm running their kit, except with the maf controller instead of a boost controller. Works fine, but I found I need to run straight alcohol as if I mix in a decent amount of water (which is their recommendation) the truck surges and can misfire also under heavy load. I've run straight water in other blown vehicles and never had a problem, but my truck doesn't like it.

Jody

·
Registered
186 Posts
just a tip, but to keep getting the right mixture, you can purchase jugs of windshield wiper fluid. i actually bought one used for the mustang, but the guy took so long getting it to me and it was missing parts, i said the hell with it, and sent it back to him. its a cheaper option than the vortech aftercooler i bought, but don't forget that it will run out! i think they sell resevoir level indicators.....i'd spend an extra few and get them, so you don't and go empty.
later
chiz

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks for the info and tips. I ended up getting the MAF instead as it was recommended for our type of superchargers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts