Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
4,924 Posts
What size nozzle(s) were you using for 19psi?
Single -12 (756 ml/min) and 50/50 mix of distilled water and M1 methanol. Richens my A/F up by about half of a point.

Allows me to safely run 12-14 deg of timing at 19 psi on pump gas on a 10:1 motor

· Registered
2,007 Posts
MAF controller thing mean it only works on Fords? I've been looking at a Snow Stage 2 kit for my BMW X5M but I've completely NEW to ever having used meth, how it's sprayed, tuning for it, etc.

· Premium Member
4,924 Posts
MAF controller thing mean it only works on Fords? I've been looking at a Snow Stage 2 kit for my BMW X5M but I've completely NEW to ever having used meth, how it's sprayed, tuning for it, etc.
That controller will work off of a boost reference or MAF reference. You can choose either one by turning the setting knob to either Boost or MAF. The MAF reference will work with anything that is a 0-5V reference. I believe your BMW has a MAF sensor which is a 0-5V signal so you should be good, or boost from the terbows.

I run mine off of my MAF and have been happy with the results. I plan on running it also on my future single turbo build on the truck. I hear that turbo charged motors see greater benefits over supercharged motors.

It is sprayed through a nozzle that atomizes it in your intake. The controller will see a reference such as boost or MAF signal and ramp the duty cycle of the pump according to the adjustment knobs on the controller.

It provides two things, a cooling benefit and an octane benefit. You don't have to be tuned to take advantage of the cooling benefits of water/meth but you will run a slightly richer Air/Fuel if you aren't tuned for it. If you get tuned for it, you can take advantage of the octane benefit by running a little more timing. So the benefits are two-fold, and if you can get tuned for it... the more performance you'll see out of it.

· Registered
2,007 Posts
I keep looking at this without pulling the trigger. Will it work with a BA2400 MAF?

· Registered
2,007 Posts
All these bumps and no price adjustment. Has the pump been tested, why isn't it being used by the OP considering the claimed gains, etc?

· Registered
2,007 Posts
No price adjustments and I asked if it's been tested yet. It's mentioned in this thread that turbos like meth better than superchargers, so how's switching to turbo make it irrelevant...

· Registered
68 Posts
No price adjustments and I asked if it's been tested yet. It's mentioned in this thread that turbos like meth better than superchargers, so how's switching to turbo make it irrelevant...
Methanol + Turbo = More power!!

I have a lot of experience with turbo/methanol setups. Keep it and use it on your turbo setup. If not....GLWS

· Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if there was a price adjustment the post would've reflected it.if wouldn't have been tested,that also would've been posted.im running e85 don't need it truck makes massive power now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.