Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or 35/20. Square. Not a daily, not a racer. Can I get a confirmation on clearance? Have stock front, JLP 4" shackle lowest setting.

I have looked through alot of the threads and seems like the 40 with decent drop causes rubbing. I need tires asap and need it to clear initially, then looking to work on a drop eventually with spindles/leafs kit, but can't do right now.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And maybe long term update from anybody on feel.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm running Sport Machine wheels with 295/40-20 with Belltech 2" drop spindles (w/ISO) and hangers and shackles and no rubbing, hopefully someone else with chime in...

LMR sells there wheel package with 275/40-20 on the 9" wide rim and 295/40-20 on the 10" wide rim.

Thanks

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant

·
Slevin
1,093 Posts
I have 295/40/20 on my LMR reps that are only 9" wide instead of 9.5"
No issues with significant drop
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 295/40 is a decent but taller than the stock setup.

295/35 is much closer to stock height, but you give up sidewall.

I run a 295/35 and 305/35 setup on mine. I had issues rubbing but I am pretty low. I removed my inner fenders and rolled the front lip and have no more issues.

View attachment 548306
View attachment 548305
View attachment 548307
So 305's aren't pushing it on 9.5's? Kind of wanted to go wider on the back. Also the bronze I'd like to do. (y)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also what drop did you do up front?

·
10 second street truck
12,553 Posts
So 305's aren't pushing it on 9.5's? Kind of wanted to go wider on the back. Also the bronze I'd like to do. (y)
They're a little bulged but I like the look.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Also what drop did you do up front?
The front is hotchkis coils with isolators. Stifflers upper and lower arms.

I ran without ISO's but didn't like how low it was.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

That's before my big brakes. But no isolators. You can see how low it is.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I'm running Sport Machine wheels with 295/40-20 with Belltech 2" drop spindles (w/ISO) and hangers and shackles and no rubbing, hopefully someone else with chime in...

LMR sells there wheel package with 275/40-20 on the 9" wide rim and 295/40-20 on the 10" wide rim.

Thanks

View attachment 548303
Nice! (y)

Rarely do you see anyone showing chrome any love these days. 20-25 years ago you was big pimpin if you was sitting on some chrome. I had some chrome 18" replica's on my old SB 03 Cobra, and everyone used to love how that car looked and wanted to buy my wheels. Nowadays everyone hates on chrome.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So why are people running 275s in the front if 295s clear? I know even currently my JLP ram air tucks around the frame and I hear it rub a bit on full lock turns, so I'll have to adjust.

·
10 second street truck
12,553 Posts
So why are people running 275s in the front if 295s clear? I know even currently my JLP ram air tucks around the frame and I hear it rub a bit on full lock turns, so I'll have to adjust.

Because a) they don't know any better. B) a lot of places won't mount the 295/35 due to width

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Because a) they don't know any better. B) a lot of places won't mount the 295/35 due to width
Ah right. That might be a problem for me. So 29.3" for the 40 series negatives, speed correction needed, Maybe more clearance issues obvious with some drops, less accel performance. Probably negligible on some of it. Kind of like the idea of filling the wheel well more, despite.

·
regular joe
2002 True Blue
1,975 Posts
Nice! (y)

Rarely do you see anyone showing chrome any love these days. 20-25 years ago you was big pimpin if you was sitting on some chrome. I had some chrome 18" replica's on my old SB 03 Cobra, and everyone used to love how that car looked and wanted to buy my wheels. Nowadays everyone hates on chrome.
Some of us old schoolers still run chrome

·
Registered
559 Posts
Nice! (y)

Thanks JROC, I still like the chrome with red, that's true people are all going with black rims. I have a 15 gray metallic Ford Fusion and it has black chrome wheels that look great, depend on the color combination.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 24 Posts