Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new set of Hoosier 28x10.0x16 slicks and American Racing Baja 16x10. My question is should I run with or without tubes. Will I have any problem with the tire spinning on the rim. I see a lot of people running this combo so I just want to know what most people are doing.

Thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you are pretty mild on the mods I would say just run the slicks on the rims. However if you are heavly modded or you have alot of torque then I would say tube them and then screw them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OH-MAN said:
Yes if you are not making a ton of power they should be OK. They seem to move a bit at first then settle in
Thats what I thought just wanted to check.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You don't need tubes
I don't run tubes, but I do screw my tims. Just make sure the screws don't go all the way through the tires beed. Most of the screw kits sold are to long

·
Registered
34 Posts
No tubes, only screws for those with high HP and TQ trucks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you have leaky slicks it might be a good idea but most don't put tubes in them even if they do leak but if you do put tubes in them screw them with at least 4 screws to a side. I had to put tubes in mine they kept leaking so bad, at first i didn't put the screws in but found out the hard way that was a mistake, definitely an Oh Crap!..... [smilie=eek4.gif]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts