Lightning Rodder banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Then I may just Put the silver assassin in retirement
You don’t retire, you refire!

Once you’ve taken the silver truck as far as you can with the 2.3 then you need to cage it, and put a big blower on it and go for a new adventure! It is already lightened up and a perfect candidate to go to the next level.

With a cage you’ll be able to go to any track on any day and go as fast as you can with no worries at all. Part of the fun of racing is going to different tracks to race with different guys at different events. You can pack the truck up and go on many adventures all over the country.

1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
?Yes I can do that now with my ??True Blue ?? she’s set up with a roll bar, it’s a 10.0 truck all day? , she will run 10.20s in the heat , at pinks she ran 10.28 and 10.26 on a 88 degree night * in 42 passes not one was 10.30
all 10.20s ?10.1s? and (3);10.0s*;?10.03 10.05; 10.05? consistent is an understatement* My point you don’t need to run 9s? to race in events and have fun?? lol *The Blue can race in events,?and the silver assassin can keep on Breaking records with it’s little (2.3) Whipple and In keeping those heavy hitters in my rearview mirror is so much fun? LOL

1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
?Hey lightning 95? its not so much that’s it’s a beautiful truck,and it is just as most of our Lightning’s are it’s because i do have another lightning with a 2.3 Whipple and it’s a low ten second second truck ALL DAY?soon to go 9,s? and legal with a roll bar and can race it at any track with no problem, as I said you don’t have to go 9s
to race and have fun? so if I want to race at pinks for example I can as I already have done so there’s no need to put a full cage in my silver assassin? Although in doing so will improve on the 60 foot,But her 60 ft is pretty good as she sits without having the truck butchered* Can I race the silver at any track and the answer is no because it definitely will not pass tech but that’s OK because we race at rentals and have no issues with tech?? I have taken more than one lightning to the track on the same day,as a matter of fact I had three of my lightnings at the track at the same time ,this season I’ll have two?? so hopefully some will understand one of a few reasons why I will not put a cage in the silver assassin? And how much will she improve with this new weight reduction remains to be seen, will see beat her record of 9.532 I’m very confident she will? when she ran that 9.532 she was 3,774 lbs and did it with a 1.347 60 ft?
?Now she’s 3,597 and hopefully she will get a 1.30 60 ft? With exceptional track conditions ,and exceptional weather conditions, she should set yet another Record ,this truck has improved every single season since 2014 without missing a beat ?(another record no one talks about)? LOL) this year should be no different?? how much faster will she go? the only one that knows the answer is the ?silver assassin?
??i may just start a contest on guessing what she will run ?for a prize of course ? LOL
looking forward in seeing you at the track?

1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
My man Jamie *I really didn’t Give you a correct full answer to why I have no need and or desire to go with a bigger blower I’m assuming you were thinking of the ?2.9 ? I wouldn’t dare post what the possibilities of what this truck will run with that ? 2.9? Because I’m sure no one would believe it?
?? That being said , it makes no sense for me to go that

1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
My man Jamie *I really didn’t Give you a correct full answer to why I have no need and or desire to go with a bigger blower I’m assuming you were thinking of the ?2.9 ? I wouldn’t dare post what the possibilities of what this truck will run with that ? 2.9? Because I’m sure no one would believe it?
?? That being said , it makes no sense for me to do that, because to me its more fun keeping up with the bigger blowers with my little ?2.3? As I said many many times I would think about going ?2.9? but that
will be up to the Whipple Organization?This 2.3 is an amazing blower, mine is no different then the next guy*
I wish these guys won’t give up on this amazing 2.3 blower? I would be more then happy in helping anyone
with 2.3 Whipple with a built motor to go ?10s? (NO PROBLEM) I can almost guarantee i can get any 2.3 Whipple lightning in the 10s? That’s how much faith I have in this Amazing 2.3 Whipple ? Jamie if you know anyone interested you know how to reach me ??Bro it’s not that hard ?? BTW there will be a small fee to the ??wounded warriors?? As little as $1.00 would be appreciated????

???????SORRY ABOUT THE THE FIRST POST SENT TOO SOON ??????

·
Registered
912 Posts
My post was only referring to what you previously said.

But I can tell you that this will be the final mod that will be done, what ever she runs this season will be it Then I may just Put the silver assassin in retirement
Rather then stop there, go to a next chapter.

If you want to keep racing the 2.3 then that AOK with me. But if your going to “retire the 2.3 champion” then I was saying to come out of retirement to be a champion of something else.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
Even though she is running 19 degrees of timing and going 3/4 down the track at 27 Lbs of boost and still pulling hard Through the traps at 30 lbs
?Hey Jamie, no the speakers are taken out,
???WINNER (baja5bss) with 3600 lbs missed by only. ( 3 lbs)??Silver assassin wt is (?3597?)
Don't mind me....just quoting a few things so down the road if you go back to edit your posts, the quotes are still there showing you saying yourself you're running 19* and 30 lbs of boost so after the next outing when folks post "new E/T on the same boost & timing as the last 7 years" or when folks tout "it's still got a RADIO" yeah, but no speakers LOL

Now don't get me wrong, the new weight is very impressive. It is a little ironic that these exact same types of mods you'd trash talk my truck as "gutted", now you've gone there and then some lol (heck I've never dumped the entire exhaust from the headers back as it's still street driven). Glad you've come around to the realization that when you're peaked out on the blower combo, the way to keep going faster is attack the weight. I took my 2.6 KB at 25 lbs & 15 deg from 10.48 down to 9.88 all by just shedding weight over the years. With your new weight savings, there's still hope of lowering your 2.3 record a bit more (although man I'd really wonder what my 2.6 setup would have done at that weight as my 9.8's on the 2.6 were nearly 600 lbs heavier lol)

My man ?JJ ? yes i still have the front bumper support and real glass, and rug in the cab, I even left the radio in because I didn’t want to Butcher up the dash , the radio is maybe a lb or 2 * and no I don’t have a rollbar because that is only good for 10.0 ? I will need a full cage, I don’t think I’ll be doing that anytime soon ? looking forward in seeing you at the track one day soon?
Frank, that bumper support isn't going to do squat in an accident on the track vs what a rollcage would do for your safety at the speeds your going. Also don't forget, you can go with SMALLER tubing with a 10 point than you can with a 6 point, so the added weight from a full cage vs. just a rollbar actually isn't as bad as you'd think. Going chromoly you can use 0.083 wall vs. 0.120 wall which is also significant savings. My entire cage added less than 80 lbs, and yes I did ditch A/C when I did the cage since I never used it anyway. That saved me 40 lbs back. The lexan rear window to allow the rear bars saved another ~20 lbs. So my grand total weight for the cage was a 20 lb gain. WELL worth it for the safety, not to mention my 60's IMMEDIATELY got better AND more consistent from stiffening up the wet noodle frame. You're not only putting yourself at higher risk by being stubborn on the cage, I still think you're leaving E/T on the table by not doing it and offseting it with another couple simple weight saving mods that you won't even miss anyway since it doesn't see the street at all.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts