Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
?The Silver Assassin? getting ready for ??2020 ?? This racing season should be very exciting because of all the heavy hitters out there ?
the Sliver Assassin ? will be down to it’s fighting wt like never before, and looking to make its (7th) straight year in a row in going faster than the year before ?
Lets see if we can put some fun back into ??LightningRodder? the first one to guess what her new wt will be will win a free T-shirt ?& sticker?
Her wt now is 3,699 lbs? this is how see sits right now * A/C* heater*TV screen radio * Speakers* Front bumper support* Air Bags* Cab rug*and All real glass* maybe this will help with your guess ? and you can be sure her new wt would be accurate and on the money?as I have an awesome set of scales ? you can ask ??Dude and Big Jeff?? about that ?As for how much faster she will go, *?AND SHE WILL?*that will be for another day.
??wishing you all the best of luck??

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'll go with 3,574lb.

·
Registered
610 Posts
1 dollar bob! Lol cldnt resist. Lol. I say 3555

·
local painter
2,901 Posts
3486 pounds ?

1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
?Dude? I guess you don’t want to win that shirt ?It better be more than 137 Lbs ?if I want to keep you in my rear view mirror? not to mention the other heavy Weight ?Lightning’s ? that will be coming out this season ?? cant wait to put the truck on the scales?? hopefully you won’t win the shirt ?LOL?

·
Administrator
18,338 Posts
Well, it depends on how far you are willing to go. How many creature comfort things you are willing to remove. I remember years ago you were against stripping weight. Physics tells us that removing(and re-distributing) weight is very valuable to making the truck work and run fast. I am looking forward to seeing the results!

Jim

1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My man Big Jim* how are you doing coach⚽ i really didn’t want to go this route but I’m trying to Protect the silver assassins title ? boost only 2.3 Whipple record ? i am trying to level the playing Field, if it was not for the 5.8 Big Bore Lightnings that are coming after this record there would have been no need for me to do this
And to Answer your question ?I Want to go as fast as possible without hurting the motor ? not so common these days?is their more in this little 2.3 Whipple ? I am saying (YES) Even though she is running 19 degrees of timing and going 3/4 down the track at 27 Lbs of boost and still pulling hard Through the traps at 30 lbs
the air fuel is at 10.3*10.6 ? Plenty of fuel to accommodate this power? maybe other tuners will lean it out a bit, but not us, ?JDM? SR & JR ? all on the same page, the tune is ? on point ?and will not be touched, so going lighter is the safest way possible?? How much faster will she go, we soon will find out ?
hopefully she Will improve on her 60 foot times, as of now her best 60 ft is a (1.316) ? as I said time and time again we are a team ?? my only job is to get the truck to get the best 60 ft possible and she will do the rest ,it’s that Simple? I still believe with our trucks anyway, that more power is not always the answer,
to me it’s all about a Perfect combination, And I emphasize perfect, too much power with our trucks can compromise the 60 fts* don’t forget my suspension is nothing special, I have leaf springs and 18 way single AJustable QA1s shocks??(THATS IT) ??and I have been told 6 years ago my shock settings and suspension setup would not work on all my trucks in the same way ?WRONG? my System works on all (3) of my lightning trucks ??? at 3 Different levels???
?And as for me going to the (2.9) ?? That’s up to MR. Whipple himself??
In the meantime it’s going to be fun trying to keep that 2.3 Whipple record out of reach ?
?PS?, I have been asked what do i think about the. (2.9) ?my answer is this ,I think it’s a great blower,if you are looking to go with the 2.3 or the 2.9 ?I definitely would go with the 2.9? But if you already have the (2.3) maybe you should call me ? Hey that rhymes?
?In Closing,as you know this to be true JIM, All I learned about these trucks is from? secretariat?

·
Premium Member
5,125 Posts
My man Fred ❤ llooking forward in seeing you this racing season, please give ❤Sharon❤ My best *
my truck should be going to the shop real soon???? have a great weekend ???
Yeah buddy , can’t wait till spring! Hope to see you guys soon! Thank you for your friendship! Sharon says hello! I will guess 3490

1 - 20 of 69 Posts