Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok LR, I've got an 02 HD with a 2.3kb and supporting mods and I put down 463/510 on 93 with a stock bottom end. I'm currently deployed so I'm parts shopping and have been considering going with a set of cams. would it be worth it or should i just save and wait until i have a built bottom end before going that route? for those of you that have already done this, how was driveability and power increase depending on your specs. Thanks in advance.

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
Pull the engine one time and do it all at once

The rods are only good for 400-450rwhp, the slightest bit of detonation at that power level and snap. Vented block mod.

Its not worth pushing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull the engine one time and do it all at once

The rods are only good for 400-450rwhp, the slightest bit of detonation at that power level and snap. Vented block mod.

Its not worth pushing.
That's what I was thinking. I'm probably already pushing my luck with the current numbers.

·
Bet you were born naked, you SLUT!
909 Posts
Any cams worth having also require springs.

Built bottom end will get you places.

Reactions: Jchetty

·
Registered
112 Posts
Go with a built bottom end. I would do ported heads before a cam swap.. I love the way cams sound and they make great power. You will need a stall to run the cams. You will have slight drivability issues running cams.. Some disagree with the drivability issue, it is all in the person.. I don't care what anyone says about a stall, you WILL have to run one. If you don't run a stall drivability will be compromised and you will not benefit as much from the cams. If money is a issue, you will have a better set-up with a strong bottom end and good flowing heads.. Honestly, with your current set-up your truck would be faster with a stall instead of cams..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts