Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RICK CLICK / SAVE TO VIEW

First the BEFORE sound

The Orig 475/596 Dyno. (PSP Headers, PSP Hi Flo Cats, STOCK catback) 
HERE <--

The New sound idled in the Driveway
Same as above with Flowmaster American Thunder
HERE <--

The sound on the Open Road
HERE <--

HERE <--

GOT BOOST
HERE <--

AND HERE <--

EDIT
Unfortunately I got some an old Cam Corder and if I edit the vids longer the Audio and Video dont match (as seen in some already) so I had to make um shortys, sorry.

DEF a much better sound

Thanks Shawn, Thanks Sal......

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Holy I have e-wood from Texas to the north pole batman :shock: :LOL

Rob you deserve this -----> :smt033 and this :smt023

·
Registered
426 Posts
Cool Rob!

It is interesting how your "normal driving" includes short bursts at 15psi of boost.   [smilie=eek4.gif]

My "normal driving" Might... juuust might swing the little boost guage needle to 0 if I'm feeling spunky when accelerating.  :LOL

Rich

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wydopnthrtl said:
Cool Rob!

It is interesting how your "normal driving" includes short bursts at 15psi of boost.   [smilie=eek4.gif]

My "normal driving" Might... juuust might swing the little boost guage needle to 0 if I'm feeling spunky when accelerating.  :LOL

Rich

Rich what do you mean ? that is normal daily driving,   :smt017
:D
Maybe once or twice I stabed it 3/4 to full, but other than that I dont think I went more than 1/3 - 1/2 pedal. Barely touch the pedal and WAM 18 lbs now, WOO HOO. "IF" you stay in it a few seconds, "it will" climb quickly to @ 22. On the Dyno I think we were what @ 600 ft lb's of tq  by 3000 RPM (Globs of Torque) :smt026

(The FTDT Converter does keep it high reving and in the power, unless you ease off and let it all lock up) as shown in one of the vids where I was just waaaaaa-ing along at 2.5K
(I try to do that a few times a day, hehehehehehe)

racetested said:
So what's up with  having new dynos numbers or wasn't this possible yet?
D,
You know me better than to keep any secretes, that was the orig Vid and dyno where we ran out of pumps.

I got the exhaust Tuesday night after work, after unpacking it and checking it out, sometime
@ 7-ish I got in touch with Sal and asked if and when he had time. He said come on down now I'll be here late catching up with orders and doing Chip tuning. When I got there (@8-ish) he put me on the lift and said, are you going to be ok My answer was I DIDN'T BRING NO TOOLS  [smilie=eek4.gif]

What a guy my Pal is, He had to torch off the old Catback, air rachet the old Clamps, remove one 58" Bar to get the old system out in one piece, fight the new one on, tack it all up, put the Bar back on, and then we had to align and tack the Tips on. Even know the man can do all that in a dam 1/2 hour or so, of course we we BS-ing and I had already took way too much of his valuable time away when I shouldn't have. I WAS armed and ready, but it was getting late and we're working on 600 miles now and DEF need an oil change and filter before we put it back on the Dyno. Plus we are not tuned for the new pumps (and now the exhaust is flowing better), so I couldn't ask him at that time of night to start re-tuning and checking at least 3-4 programs on the Dyno.

I already bought Oil and Filter, I'll do that Saturday, get clamps on the exhaust, get some race fuel, and THEN we'll get some #'s by this time next week I hope. This winter snow and fall rain killed us here in NY, everyone is behind I think @($^@$([email protected](@$

·
Registered
207 Posts
I dig the whole 'Flim Noir' black and white deal. Real Cagney, Thin Man and Cary Grant like [smilie=secret.gif]

Stylish!!

Herb

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
herb101 said:
I dig the whole 'Flim Noir' black and white deal. Real Cagney, Thin Man and Cary Grant like [smilie=secret.gif]

Stylish!!

Herb
:smt042 [smilie=secret.gif]

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll tell you one thing, I left the parking lot from work at lunch time and hit it a little,
I think everyone in town heard me, THERE IS NO MORE SNEAKING AROUND with this thing, thats for sure :shock:

The only good thing is, once I hit the parkway, let it shift into OD, and allow the converter to lock up, it's smoooooooooooooooth and quiet.
(But around town, THERE IS NO MISTAKING IT.)

SOON THE #'S WILL BE IN, who knows maybe I can pull it off this weekend ???

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Sounds Good Rob

·
Registered
202 Posts
Can't wait for the results. Yours should awaken like mine did.

Jody

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Rob,
What do you need to open the file?? I just had LT header's installed, among other things, and have the American Thunder cat back. Was curious to see how it would sound with header's, hopefully I'll have it back by next week.
Bryan

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You shouldnt need anything but the ole Windows Media Player
Just right click SAVE AS

If you have a Prob, send me your e-mail address (if it can handle the file size)
and I'll e-mail them (they're very small and short, should be no prob) ????

1 - 18 of 18 Posts