Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post some pics of tonights work. Tranny and damaged crank are out. now its just a waiting game for the crank, 2 days out and then balancing it to the priginal build sheet specs. In the interim, Im going to send the IW balancer back for a checkup and rebuild, 84 dollars. On a side note, this truck was ready to fall apart. :(. worn turbos, broken ouil pump, dead(unchargable) battery. Exhaust logs loose at the header bolts, missing the bolts that hold the coolant 90's to the motor. Did i mention, I took out the driveshaft with no tools? 2 bolts were less than hand tight, 1 was hand tight and one was backed out 3/4 of the way. 5.5 years is a long time(original build date)

enjoy the random oversized pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was supposed to be just a bearing swap that's spun out of control. Lol. One nice thing I did find is the plugs, tr6s, loooked perfect. So I think the former tuner, vmp did a really nice job. Not sure if ill stick with a 6 heat range or go one lower like b whetver 7 or and it24.

·
Registered
835 Posts
While you have it that far torn apart you might as well tidy up the rats nest of fuel plumbing behind the manifold.

Might be nice to have it someplace you can get to it if you need to.

I guess it got alot of use after it left me.

Also I never knew it had cats.....could have sworn they said burns stainless on them.

I would def. never ever buy a modified vehicle again unless I knew the person that did it. Even then Id have a hard time doing it.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
While you have it that far torn apart you might as well tidy up the rats nest of fuel plumbing behind the manifold.

Also I never knew it had cats.....could have sworn they said burns stainless on them.

I would def. never ever buy a modified vehicle again unless I knew the person that did it. Even then Id have a hard time doing it.
I liked a lit of your changes. This will be good. For Dave as long as he does nor get carried away

Yea the motor should have come our but that's Dave

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

ill look at the fuel system, but if its working, ill probably just leav it utill it comes out. As far as cats, you might be right. but why have 2 supper high dollar race mufflers and 2 giant magnaflow mufflers? Oh well. You might be right. Ill probably get a look at the fule lines once i swap out the sullivan plenum ti a 90mm wilson piece. VMP said it should not need a retune so i might do that while its apart.

Side not, the .68 AR housings came in just now while making this post.:rockon_ford

Now wheres the crank?:smt013

Sirjohn, I dont think its the buying a modded truck. You had the means and understanding of what you wanted and how to care for it. I think it was a bit over B's head the whole truck was. Had the motor not had issues when it did, either the trubos would of self destructed or the truck would of spit its drive shaft out the back. I removed the shaft with no iools but my fingers

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm glad it's in good hands

Here is the list so far.

new FRPP crank
new Sealed power CH main bearings
new King XP series rod bearings
new Billet mellings pump
rebuilt innovators west dampner
new iron timing chain tensioners
new rear main seal and plate
new front crank seal
new 68 ar turbo housings
Fully rebuilt and modded Turbos 62MM
new front timing cover gaskets
new oil pan gasket
new valve cover gaskets
new plugs
new ARP flex plate bolts
new ARP 3/8x24 black oxide Tq converter bolts
new ARP side cap bolts
new 90 MM Wilson intake elbow(used)
new 90 MM wilson TB(used)
Offered 120$ for 2 comop cams adjustable timing gears. if i get them in time for the motor ill install them
Balance crank to original specs

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
Coming along nicely man. If you have the time and funds you should send the new housings to swantech and have those coated. On a side note, can new steel like that be coated? I.e. before any heat is put thru them?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Might bet them coated when I redo the exhqust logs to headers. Right now I got to get tne truck running and off the lift to get flahps truck back on for some suspension repiars. With the turbos out of the truck the exhaust housing come off easily. For now I might just do some 2500 deg black paint. Headers probably wont be until spring.

·
Likes the corn brew
5,338 Posts

Here is the list so far.

new FRPP crank
new Sealed power CH main bearings
new King XP series rod bearings
new Billet mellings pump
rebuilt innovators west dampner
new iron timing chain tensioners
new rear main seal and plate
new front crank seal
new 68 ar turbo housings
Fully rebuilt and modded Turbos 62MM
new front timing cover gaskets
new oil pan gasket
new valve cover gaskets
new plugs
new ARP flex plate bolts
new ARP 3/8x24 black oxide Tq converter bolts
new ARP side cap bolts
new 90 MM Wilson intake elbow(used)
new 90 MM wilson TB(used)
Offered 120$ for 2 comop cams adjustable timing gears. if i get them in time for the motor ill install them
Balance crank to original specs
Skip the adj. timing gears.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.