Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
99 problems and $$ is all of em
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to check out my cart for a jlp street tank non-polished $350. not bad, go to shipping options $55 for ground $128 for 3 day WTF? my 50 lb cylinder heads shipped for 48 bucks each a couple of months ago, that dosent seem right. and i shipped those heads to jlp btw, same distance from them to me.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,713 Posts
WOW! I'd call them up tomorrow and see if anyone is home. That seems outta the park by me...

·
99 problems and $$ is all of em
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe it's prefilled with coolant. must be heavy
you wisdom with peoples q's and problems astound me.

i am going to be calling them though... just can never get through with them. i think theyre closed on wednesdays.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
JLP is closed Fridays IIRC.

$55 is nuts even if you were in Seattle. It cost me at the most $50 to ship an entire center console to California from Washington DC.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
I always call them to order. Their website isn't all up to date. Office is closed on Wednesdays so you have to wait till tomorrow, but I've found the best times to call are around noon, or around the end of the day.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
it is not filled with coolant. if you told the shippping rep at fed ex/ups that there's coolant in there they will reject it in a heart beat.

i would simply call them.

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
holy over priced batman! call em up dude

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
REMEMBER GAS AND DIESEL FUEL IS HIGH

went to check out my cart for a jlp street tank non-polished $350. not bad, go to shipping options $55 for ground $128 for 3 day WTF? my 50 lb cylinder heads shipped for 48 bucks each a couple of months ago, that dosent seem right. and i shipped those heads to jlp btw, same distance from them to me.[/QUOTE

:potstirringDiesel fuel and gas is high, If you drove[smilie=3g you Lightning a hundred miles figure out what it would cost. Also UPS is union teamsters everyone has to make a living there is nothing cheap any more:shitstormretarded

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
went to check out my cart for a jlp street tank non-polished $350. not bad, go to shipping options $55 for ground $128 for 3 day WTF? my 50 lb cylinder heads shipped for 48 bucks each a couple of months ago, that dosent seem right. and i shipped those heads to jlp btw, same distance from them to me.[/QUOTE

:potstirringDiesel fuel and gas is high, If you drove[smilie=3g you Lightning a hundred miles figure out what it would cost. Also UPS is union teamsters everyone has to make a living there is nothing cheap any more:shitstormretarded[/QUOTE]

still doesn't justify the price!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Men our little e-bay business has sold over 1000 items world-wide and on shipping anymore I can almost swag a package with-in a couple of bucks. Sometimes I am off but rarely.house bet here. Many of those numbers I read in this post just do not sound right, and his charges for that item are way off unless it was shipped fed x on a 2 day dielivery or similar. H*ll men I have shipped a vending machine (coke machine) had it palatized and trucked from west Texas to Tenness for onlu like 185 bucks...they do go by size more than weight...in fact UPS ground will deliver with 1-2 days of overnight almost anywhere in the US, except ak and ha.........just my expoerience..also anyione can sign up for discounted shipping.just go to the site make a name and they will guive you an account that is 20%off, allows hourly tracking and one even has a mapping device where you can track the truck it's on if your that anal........lol....but great post.things like that can take a fun and productive weekend project you always wanyed to do into just gettuing PO and feeling RO over a slight mistake.....and it is exactly like the man said.........when in doubt call'em out!
Good Luck most will fix shipping overages they cannot stay in business long if they do not. ALways beware tho.there are so many who do quote some crazy low price online only to slay ya on the shipping......anymore for me if they do not ship for free.except like entire engines, etc.I am going elsewheres.but then quality aint cheap..tough decisions at times.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts