Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to see if anyone has tried to order a GT350? All the dealer I have spoken to in Central Florida want a minimum of $5,000 over and a high from Mullinax Ford in Apopka of $12,000.00

·
Slowest Silver Lightning
2,547 Posts
...and some fool will pay it.

:idhitit
Exactly- They only way I would pay over sticker is for some über limited run- homolgation type car like the 22b Impreza, e30 m3, or the 70 super birds. Imagine a street legal mustang race car with modern comforts limited to a run of 50 that the motor and drivetrain is used in a real race series-bad ass.

Personally, if I found a dealer doing this- I wouldn't shop there. Ppl....suckers.....keep paying these prices hoping that one day the car will worth gazillions- not gonna happen. Too many people collecting- too many being made.

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
Exactly- They only way I would pay over sticker is for some über limited run- homolgation type car like the 22b Impreza, e30 m3, or the 70 super birds. Imagine a street legal mustang race car with modern comforts limited to a run of 50 that the motor and drivetrain is used in a real race series-bad ass.

Personally, if I found a dealer doing this- I wouldn't shop there. Ppl....suckers.....keep paying these prices hoping that one day the car will worth gazillions- not gonna happen. Too many people collecting- too many being made.
Yep. It's hard to blame the dealers, they're simply applying the principles of supply and demand. Demand is higher than the supply, which increases the price of the product until they equal out again. The people that just have to have this vehicle at any cost are the real problem.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I NEED that car in my life! I called my mom in Florida and she said if she wins the lotto she'll buy me one lol! Dealerships r crooks but it's only because consumers r dumb and impatient. In a couple years u will see gt350s selling for a lot cheaper. Plus never be the guy to buy a new design vehicle. Gotta let the other folks expose the bugs and issues

·
Grilling tonight.
4,226 Posts
Can't help with ordering one, but my buddy is an engineer at Ford and got to take a GT350 home for a weekend recently, DAMN! Really awesome car. It's so strange spinning a V8 that high, sounds awesome. Especially when using the cutouts.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
my buddy got his for msrp. ordered it from a dealership in Ohio.. (2k down.. he's dropping 10k)
ford played it smart... he had ordered a base model. nothing special just a gt350. well
ford earlier this month had a track day with all models of the gt350/R and the focus rs
at Sebring they invited all the guys who pre ordered the car... after driving and racing the top end models he fell in love..
well he left adding the track pack with few other option..

only thing that sucks, he wont have the car till January so I have to wait for my test drive

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
I too have a buddy in Ohio that has ordered his '16 GT350, already traded his '15 Mustang GT for it, and he got it for sticker. He probably won't get his until March, but his content in waiting for it to get here. Ford is not very happy with the dealerships that are gouging people on these cars. They worked very hard to keep the sticker below $50,000 on these cars for the base model. For what you get they really are a bargain and will keep the Z28 honest at a lot less money.

·
Registered
291 Posts
OMG I just spit out my drink... I could never imagine a day where I'd spend that much on a Ford! Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, but at $50k I'd be building a turbo LS7 or something

·
Registered
616 Posts
OMG I just spit out my drink... I could never imagine a day where I'd spend that much on a Ford! Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, but at $50k I'd be building a turbo LS7 or something
for 50k u can dream of having a turbo ls7 in anything. might buy u the motor and turbo kit. lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
for 50k u can dream of having a turbo ls7 in anything. might buy u the motor and turbo kit. lol
That's all I need :bigtu

But I'd put it in an IROC if I had to. Doesn't really matter what it's in to me. I guess I just don't see the appeal of buying any vehicles new when you can build a better one for cheaper.

·
I like your avatar!
667 Posts

But I'd put it in an IROC if I had to. Doesn't really matter what it's in to me. I guess I just don't see the appeal of buying any vehicles new when you can build a better one for cheaper.
Nice! Another IROC-Z lover.

I really love the GT350 with it's flat-plane crank for some serious RPMs. But it also seems like they are making it more like a European car, like the E92 BMW's with the high-revving 4.0 V8. But then again, you have to keep a car like the Mustang fresh and exciting, so I can't blame them at all and would love to drive/have one!

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,677 Posts

ha I remember guys posting the same thing 15 years ago when the Gen 2 L's were new saying "what?! 28-30k for a 2 door pickup truck and a little mod motor? screw that I'll buy a used f150 with a big carb and build a better one for cheaper" lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
Are you kidding? Almost everything new is $40k+ now a days. I paid $47k for my raptor 3 years ago and that was a deal.

·
Registered
533 Posts
New camaro SS base is the same price.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Was considering the GT-350 till oil prices plunged.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
damn 47k for a raptor is a steal.
I was looking at a f150 4x4 sport for 46k
but I want too many toys to spend that on a daily..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts