Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3/4 scale.... just a general idea of how its going to be laid out. Obviously angles are off and measurments are not to spec, this is just a 3d rep on how its going to look for the most part....I've already got some ideas on how to remove all of the hard angles using a hammer mold and also have some ways to to basicly get rid of all the hard 90 degree angles so it flows more efficient.....

soon as my fitment model gets here in the mail i can lay it out to scale and include all of the factory hook-ups for Vac, EGR, IAC and all the obligatorys.

Also this will be a MP freindly intake so no modifying the case for this intake.

Feel free to give me any ideas.....

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Looks great

I would save some time and money and delete the EGR.

Maybe even just use bungs for the Booster and IAC and force people to use remotes

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great

I would save some time and money and delete the EGR.

Maybe even just use bungs for the Booster and IAC and force people to use remotes
first one is going to be factory bolt on and play...... all the egr delete and vac options are going to be an option if this thing goes into any kind of production.....

i've already go a guy to do the lazer cutting for all of the flanges and bungs..... ive already quoted 20 sets and its a really good price.
All i would have to do is tap them and weld them on accordingly.... so any configuration will be pretty simple to make on this set-up..... hell even a solid peice with just the IAC and polished will look killer!

All i want to do it FLOW! thats my main purpose on this.....TO GO FAST!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
first one is going to be factory bolt on and play...... all the egr delete and vac options are going to be an option if this thing goes into any kind of production.....

i've already go a guy to do the lazer cutting for all of the flanges and bungs..... ive already quoted 20 sets and its a really good price.
All i would have to do is tap them and weld them on accordingly.... so any configuration will be pretty simple to make on this set-up..... hell even a solid peice with just the IAC and polished will look killer!

All i want to do it FLOW! thats my main purpose on this.....TO GO FAST!
Awesome!!!:cheers

This is a killer project. Can't wait to see the final product:rockon_ford

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Price...... not even going to think about that right now.... just want to get a real working unit produced and go from there.

I want this thing on my truck first and formost and then get a final prototype out to Stoffer so he can get some dyno numbers on his Snake Bite set-up...... after all that who knows if its worth it as far as gains who knows maybe an upgrade to everything else out there will be availible.

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
has to be done for a grade in my Fab class with-in the next 6 weeks.....

ill prob have one fabbed up and on the truck before then though knowing how impatient i already am about it..... so possibly with in 2 weeks on my truck....lol

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Plenum on the way for fitment and componets guide..... full scale mock up by next week along with a few changes already noted

1.extra upper and lower material on the TB flange for MP Big-O application.....

2. will be raised enough to clear the MP blower without having to modify the case....

3...... here is an idea i was thinking about why not move all of the stock vac lines to the back of the plenum some how then i could move the IAC back and down closer to the blower flange

thinking more and more i need to keep it simple

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
keep it simple for now and make changes later if needed

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah sometimes i get in my own way.....lol

·