Lightning Rodder banner

Shaved Door and Tailgate Handles

5K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  ZZZZAP 
#1 ·
Has anyone done it? How is the release setup? Via remote or push button hidden somewhere?

#2 ·
Doors are usually actuated by a key fob and sometimes a backup button is hidden somewhere incase the battery in the fob dies. Tailgate you could do the same way but most of the time you use a handle relocation kit that moves the handle to the inside of the bed or patman did one where he has a cable that is hidden underneath the truck. That was a pretty slick setup too.

#15 ·
patman did one where he has a cable that is hidden underneath the truck. That was a pretty slick setup too.
Thanks Jamie, and here's my thread for a reference

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63421

Interesting, thats just the factory handle without the plastic bezel, flush mounted, it looks good, actually wouldnt be too hard to mock that up for someone with metal skills

#7 ·
#8 ·
I don't have a tailgate handle

#13 ·
i wanna keep my door handles but shave the badges and tailgate enitrely

#21 ·
hate the lambo doors but really like the frenched handles alot. I got a guy at the golds gym I go to has a fully shaved Black L and looks killer. He has the flip kit for the tailgate... Personally like it cause its easy and it still locks.

#28 ·
Some cool lookin' rides here. So, anyone care to share what I should expect to pay to have the doors and tailgate done?

--Steele

well that depends your location and stuff.

shaved gate is kinda simple cut it weld in plate. but then gota paint and all. some paint costs.. i see yours is black. should be cheaper paint wise.

shaved doors can cost. gota shave them. popper kit. wire up popper kit then paint both doors.

rule of thumb is most panels are 300-500 to paint. you can find cheaper for sure but that is the rule of thumb

popper kits range from 99 to 400 dollars also.. i like spal kits. 130 and hold up great.

just make sure you find someone that is a great welder and metal guy if not your gona get alot of bondo :shitstormretarded

#29 ·
IMHO shaved doors look sweet but having to deal with keep the poppers adjusted and crap is a major PITA. Yes, I have done it to several cars and trucks using the original door lock cylinder and electronic openers to open the doors.

#30 ·
I want handles that are motion activated. Meaning you would have to breakdance in order to open them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.