Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Doors are usually actuated by a key fob and sometimes a backup button is hidden somewhere incase the battery in the fob dies. Tailgate you could do the same way but most of the time you use a handle relocation kit that moves the handle to the inside of the bed or patman did one where he has a cable that is hidden underneath the truck. That was a pretty slick setup too.

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
dam! L looks nice shaved

·
Olivia maxim 2nd sexiest woman
687 Posts

·
SLW-SVT
2,959 Posts
I don't have a tailgate handle

·
What's my age again?
2,070 Posts
I have always wanted to do this but my main question would be with the bed cover. I have to open my tailgate to release the bed cover (truxport) so a relocation kit to the inside would do me no good.

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
i wanna keep my door handles but shave the badges and tailgate enitrely

·
Olivia maxim 2nd sexiest woman
687 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
patman did one where he has a cable that is hidden underneath the truck. That was a pretty slick setup too.
Thanks Jamie, and here's my thread for a reference

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63421

Interesting, thats just the factory handle without the plastic bezel, flush mounted, it looks good, actually wouldnt be too hard to mock that up for someone with metal skills

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I have always wanted to do this but my main question would be with the bed cover. I have to open my tailgate to release the bed cover (truxport) so a relocation kit to the inside would do me no good.
why do you have to open your tailgate to release the bed cover? usually its the other way around. Lift bedcover, open tailgate... Or is yours a soft?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.