Lightning Rodder banner

SFPH - Twin Screw Non-Slip Interchangeable Pulley Unit!

830 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SFPH 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Terry can you clear this up ...

Kenne Bell pulley/ boost guide i.e.
3.5 w/ stock 7.5 lower =9.5 boost .. 3.5 w/ 9.0 ( lb ) =13.5 boost
3.0 w/ stock 7.5 lower =12.5 boost .. 3.0 w/ 9.0 = 18 boost

I have 3.5 w/ 4lb lower ( 8.5 ? ) 4lb not on KB chart .. Guess = approx. 12psi on KB chart

other charts show 3.5 w/ stock lower pulley = 13psi boost .. w/ 4lb lower = 16/17psi ????

would be nice to see a chart showing pulley size=boost i.e. lower 7.5 stock #4 and #6
searched 2hrs yesterday .. seems everyone has different numbers on the Kenne Bell ??????

Thanks WQ

#3 ·
WickedQuick said:
Terry can you clear this up ...

Kenne Bell pulley/ boost guide i.e.
3.5 w/ stock 7.5 lower =9.5 boost .. 3.5 w/ 9.0 ( lb ) =13.5 boost
3.0 w/ stock 7.5 lower =12.5 boost .. 3.0 w/ 9.0 = 18 boost

I have 3.5 w/ 4lb lower ( 8.5 ? ) 4lb not on KB chart .. Guess = approx. 12psi on KB chart

other charts show 3.5 w/ stock lower pulley = 13psi boost .. w/ 4lb lower = 16/17psi ????

would be nice to see a chart showing  pulley size=boost i.e. lower 7.5 stock #4  and #6
searched 2hrs yesterday ..  seems everyone has different numbers on the Kenne Bell ??????

Thanks WQ
WQ, you cannot compare the KB unit with an Eaton, as to many variables are in the way to understand. The KB unit is more efficient in producing more efficient boost and have a higher boost ratings wirth larger upper pulleys and can be very confusing to most. You take a 4 lb. lower pulley and use the 3.5" upper, theoretically you should be seeing 13 lbs. of boost. The 9" pulley illustration is what KB tested a 6 lb. lower pulley to make only 13.5 lbs. boost, but I have a feeling it was slightly higher. Mathematics tells me whenever a Upper Pulley is producing 9lbs. of boost (3.5" Upper) under wide open throttle and you add a 2lb., 4lb., or 6lb. to the sequence , you must be pulling more boost than the illustration shows! At least that is the way it is with running a Stock Eaton. Whenever you Port a Supercharger, the numbers are most likely to increase boost pressure, by 1 to 2 more pounds at wide open throttle. The KB is more efficient in that aspect, to give you the added boost, because of the differences between the two supercharger units.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.