Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay some might be wondering about the " [series] " tag on the subject line... I have come to terms with my terminal illness hereby known as "Modthrax" and this will NOT be the last time UPS will be delievering parts to my casa for the L :D
SO I have dubbed this thread (and future threads to this nature) as a "series" of threads.


So here is the first to kick off the series!
...

...

Okay... as many of you peeps know I decided back not to long ago to do a custom catback kit utilizing an x-pipe with dual borla xr-1 sportsmans. Well I loved the way that project turned out and the sound is KICK ASSSSSSSS! However, I have always had an itch to try a bassani catback and I came across a good deal thanks to a fellow member on LR :D and I ended up buying this beautiful bassani kit with literally little usage time on the ticker!

Below are the pics of my newest mod!

MORE MODS TO COME ALONG WITH A SOUND CLIP!

(BTW, I will be making a sound clip of my current XR-1 catback before I remove that exhaust kit!)

-Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!
 

·
Project Dirty Dog
Joined
·
6,747 Posts
Good to see that it arived okay and nothing broke or dented. Did you find the instruction sheet on were to put the hangers at.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,857 Posts
Way to go Chris
If I had your money, I'd switch exhaust every two weeks too  :LOL

Maybe you should give your old set up to ME, the cat back is still the missing piece of my puzzle  :D

Best of luck on the install, maybe you should do this one YOURSELF so it's done right  :smt023
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
99BlackBeast said:
Good to see that it arived okay and nothing broke or dented. Did you find the instruction sheet on were to put the hangers at.
Yes, I found one instruction sheet? Was that all [smilie=fingersx.gif]

Hehehe killer deal Tyson, thanks brother!


Traumatized said:
YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!
You know it mannnnngggg! I am going to try to get a sound clip today of the XR-1's and have the bassani catback installed today as well [smilie=fingersx.gif]



struck2001 said:
Very sweet Chris.
Bassani catback is in my near future list also!!
Bro, one thing I do have to give props to Bassani on is the QUALITY of the kit! It looks kick ass!


Rob_02Lightning said:
Way to go Chris
If I had your money, I'd switch exhaust every two weeks too :LOL

Maybe you should give your old set up to ME, the cat back is still the missing piece of my puzzle :D

Best of luck on the install, maybe you should do this one YOURSELF so it's done right :smt023

Hehehehhehe I would do this one myself however the Borla XR-1 Catback is welded on from the x-pipe to the mid-pipe and I don't have the resources here at home... A Lincon Mig Welder is on my mind :D

Money, me have money, hahahahahhahahahah I am a poor college student that has no life [smilie=eek4.gif] :ughyeahhah:
 

·
Project Dirty Dog
Joined
·
6,747 Posts
Yeah chirs those were the only instructions.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Tyson :)

EVERYONE, the exhaust is on and holy soundislikesex batman the tone and overall sound of the bassani is great! I love the deep pitched echo'd growl the bassani projects!

KICK ASSS!!!  :smt023

[me=Chris] lovessssss the bassani setup!  :smt020 [smilie=discomonkey.gif][/me]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I might be looking to go for a blower straight out! Only time (and funds) will tell [smilie=fingersx.gif]

An aftermarket blower IMO is the best bang for your buck! I could be swapping pullies here and there and so on and so on, but we all know eventually we can only pulley the eaton so much and then its time to step it up!

I am not sure yet, maybe my rich friend ROB (or new friend Gator :D ) could sponser me hehehehhehehehehheeh :LOL :LOL :LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Chris,

Is that a Bassani BX catback ONLY? No long tubes etc, just the Bassani BX from the muffler back with everything else stock?

I have been thinking about getting one and want to know what it, and only it, sounds like. Also, what is the opinion on the BX series? I'd like to go S.S. but $200 more is some cash I could use on something else. I don't drive my L in the winter, nor when it rains out. So unless I got stuck in a freak rain storm it would see very little to no moisture.

Just wondering how long one could expect it to last.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Sonic Boom said:
Chris,

Is that a Bassani BX catback ONLY? No long tubes etc, just the Bassani BX from the muffler back with everything else stock?

I have been thinking about getting one and want to know what it, and only it, sounds like. Also, what is the opinion on the BX series? I'd like to go S.S. but $200 more is some cash I could use on something else. I don't drive my L in the winter, nor when it rains out. So unless I got stuck in a freak rain storm it would see very little to no moisture.

Just wondering how long one could expect it to last.
Very good question. I'm definatley saving up for Bassani...not sure which one SS/BX but I too was wondering about the "life expectancey".
 

·
Project Dirty Dog
Joined
·
6,747 Posts
Chris did you ever get a sound clip of your old setup before you put the bassani on. By the way did you have some extra hangers left over? I think when I took it off the guy forgot to put some back on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I might have seen some stock hangers... I will check in the AM to verify...

Ohh and we did get a sound clip of both exhaust setups... HOWEVER we accidentially recorded OVER the FIRST one (did a rewind to CHECK OUT THE FIRST clip of the borlas, but never played it :( and then BAM... we recorded over it).
 

·
Project Dirty Dog
Joined
·
6,747 Posts
Yeah my exhast is hanging down to the left and put a small burn mark on the body piece :sad: so If you find those will you send them to me chris
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
Chris,

Glad to see your having a little more fun then just sitting at the computer 24/7.

Enjoy your new exhaust.

VINNIE
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top