Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After pricing several vendors I've decided to send my truck down to San Diego to Dante to have a motor built. He uses the higher dollar billet rods, cranks, etc. which makes me feel better. He's also much closer to me if there was an issue.

Hoping for 560-570 rwhp on the street tune. Getting one of his converters too. The truck should be a completely different animal when I get it back.

Jody

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
wise choice.

Dante seems to know his shit. Builds fast motors and uses high quality parts.

Good luck and have fun.

VINNIE

BTW- If you don't want to have problems with this motor , then DO NOT listen to Rob02 about timing. LOL.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL!!!!!!! Hey, I like Rob, good guy! :D I like my timing also, but I have alcohol injection and am having Dante do the ceramic barrier coating on my pistons too for the build. I'm also going to call J&S and see if they have a system that will work on these trucks.

Jody

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
03WHITELIGHTNIN said:
Hey man sorry to hear about the old motor. Good luck with the new on, that thing are to be a beast whe you get it back
Thanks, I appreciate it. I was definitely pushing the limit. But you cannot run out of fuel at WOT! It was fine in normal 80-90 degree weather, but obviously on the edge. 65 degrees put it over. Wishing now I would have upgraded the fuel system. I was going to but the common wisdom was that at 500 rwhp the factory injectors and pump is fine.

Jody

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
VINNIE said:
wise choice.

Dante seems to know his shit. Builds fast motors and uses high quality parts.

Good luck and have fun.

VINNIE

BTW- If you don't want to have problems with this motor , then DO NOT listen to Rob02 about timing. LOL.
Sonic Boom said:
LMAO... :D

Rob has so much timing he is currently driving around in the year 2008... :D

camcojb said:
LOL!!!!!!! Hey, I like Rob, good guy! :D I like my timing also, but I have alcohol injection and am having Dante do the ceramic barrier coating on my pistons too for the build. I'm also going to call J&S and see if they have a system that will work on these trucks.

Jody
FU V,
(and remember who has the lock and key around here [smilie=padlock.gif]
hehehehehehe

You talking to the wrong Brother V, my Man Jody runs alcohol and can pump that timing up to the next new millennium
OR SOEMTHING
Jody I say you start with 25 Degrees on the Race Program ;)

BTW
It sounds like you made a wise choice of builders, BEST OF LUCK BRO,
THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME..................WOO HOO..........
:smt026

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Rob! :D 25 degrees, huh? That should be interesting!!!!!

Jody

·
Frauderator
5,862 Posts
25 degrees :-? sounds like where he was :shock: just kidin camco was at 15 which is a little high for cali (91 octane). i know he was on the alchol, which only confirms robs theroy ;) . but 15 degrees is pretty far andvanced (just like my high school drama teacher :oops: ) for cali

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
15 is on the edge with 91 octane and a decent amount of boost. But with the alcohol that's pretty conservative. I ran 19-20 with the Eaton and 14 psi for several months on 91 octane.

Also the coated pistons are as beneficial as the alcohol. Maybe I can run 25 degrees?!!!!! :D Just kidding!

Jody

1 - 11 of 11 Posts