Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who sells OEM style replacement covers?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
228 Posts
The Op asked for OEM replacement covers. LRM sells them and they are made by TMI. I looked for a cheaper option and could not find one. I even tried to get them cheaper from TMI direct (didnt work). They are well made and my interior looks like new.

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
The interior support design of our seats promotes early failure. Ford replaced my drivers lower twice while still under warranty. Unless you're the size of a Jockey expect failure. Leather lasts much better, I had a local shop stitch up these for me several years ago.

Attachments

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,719 Posts
I don't normally send people to failbook, but....

·
Polishing My SVTs
134 Posts

This is what I have been using in my SVTL... Except mine was from the Ford Parts Catalog "back-n-day" & has the Lightning logos.

20+ years later... Covers have held up nicely & my seats are like brand-new underneath...

·
Registered
62 Posts
The interior support design of our seats promotes early failure. Ford replaced my drivers lower twice while still under warranty. Unless you're the size of a Jockey expect failure. Leather lasts much better, I had a local shop stitch up these for me several years ago.
Those look great.. what’s the address of the shop that did the work?.. or website?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Those look great.. what’s the address of the shop that did the work?.. or website?
It's a small shop here on Staten Island NY near where Uncle Frank and I live. Husband/Wife and one guy, nice people. These are all leather, all sides and backs, all the popular commercial kits like Kaskin's only the seating surface is leather sides/backs are vinyl. They removed the Factory covers to use for patterns and one complete took about six hours to install. Cost was $1600 and I was able to select the quality and grain of the leather of choice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts