Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 was a Blast for me, didn't get to AS MANY events as I'd like to, but I did make Cecil Spring Nationals, a major Eng Town Event, JDM Day @ English Town, Etc....
My good Pal V continues to make EVERY one a Parade of L's getting together and the rides and memories are simply amazing, "THANKS PAL". sometimes the rides there and back, the new people I meet, The AWESOME L's I haven't seen before, are all sometimes as great as the racing itself.

I got to FINALLY meet the Always Talented, Always Beautiful, One and Only, Larger than Life, Leeann
(god I could give that Girl the best 10 sec's of her life, WOO HOO........)  [smilie=omgrofl.gif]

I also got to meet MANY OF YOU at these wonderful events, (some I haven't ran into in the years past).
I saw some serious kick ass ET's, I got up close and personal with the Fastest L's in the World, and of course I got to do some GREAT RACING and hanging out with my L Bro's + Sis's. I truly DO NOT believe ANY OTHER community can be as Awesome as the Lightning's/HD's/Cobra's.
I Frucking Love you Guys.................  :smt109

OH YA, I'M STILL FASTER THAN GATOR TOO   :D
SEE
Me.....................
Gator......................................

We saw People like Don, V, Johnny, and so many others run their best Et's ever, Multi 9 sec Gen II runs by JLP, the 10.2 "Street Driven L run by CHIKIN1", (simply amazing) The Gen 1's continue to kick serious butt, I even got to watch Ralph's amazing ET from a few cars behind him on the Starting line of Eng Town. (He's got PLENTY more in it too)   Mat FINALLY got his 10 sec Beast dialed in "and the run" he's been waiting for, WOO HOO........  Chris's truck just did the same and ran it's first 10, CONGRATS Guys. [smilie=bow.gif] CONGRATS TO ALL OF "US", (from the 14 sec runs, to the 9 sec run's)

Jim of JDM is going to re-build his Lightning bigger and badder than ever before, it'll be out for early 05 passes, (and maybe we'll get that Tuner/Customer Shoot Out) Woo Hoo..
His Son Jim is now in the seat of his own L, (I'm sure that'll be a Beast before long)
Johnny will be back stronger than before, Sal will be running his with a Turbo in 05, and there's talk a few of the Big Boys from here themselves, will be running 9's, THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.
My Bitch Gator got the new Magnum to dial in for some "kick ass" in 05 with (talk of other BIGGER plans too) BTW, --> HE'LL NEED IT  ;)

Me, I'm all 11's now with "The Wizard", running consistent as schitt, and couldn't be happier
(well ok at least until spring when we hit it with another 100 HP or so on a built motor) :twisted:
The Kit and Controls have proved to be simply AMAZING, and worked Flawless from day 1, I couldn't be happier to have them here as a Vendor. Denny, Trev, RT, and their Products are priceless for us Nitrous Guys. My Boost all comes from our other great Vendor "The always coming out with something new" AND  "Creator of the World Famous Dial_Ur_Boost Upper Pulley System",  THE MAN HIMSELF
--> "Terry of SFPH" <--   [smilie=wavey.gif] to RT + SFPH

And of course this wonderful place "Lightning Rodder" popped up and brings us GREAT HOPE for a funnier (yet still informative) Forum and Community.
THANKS CHRIS, THANKS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU, [smilie=bow.gif]"YOU ALL" run this place.

My Son is doing great, my Brother with Cancer is still here and seems to be in remission  [smilie=fingersx.gif] and it seems we had no major loses, no un-timely deaths, everyone is here, healthy, and happy.  :smt023

My next move is the PSP motor build up, ("1200 HP Rods", "Threads in my Heads", CP Piston's, all new Bearings, Rings, ARP Studs, etc). Of course this opens the door for Denny + I to pump out LOTS MORE HP  :smt026 and we will be going MUCH faster next season, WOO HOO.
It's going to be a long hard wait for Racing Season 05 for me, "and I'm sure lots of You too".

So what’s your thoughts and plans ?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well, I ran the Fun Ford Weekend series and Tie'd for first place in the championship!!

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fomocofan said:
Well, I ran the Fun Ford Weekend series and Tie'd for first place in the championship!!
SHOW OFF :D

fomocofan IS IN DA HOUSE, WOO HOO  :smt023

Sup My Brother,  [smilie=wavey.gif] great to see you checking us out,
THANKS  :smt109
AND CONGRATS ON AN AWESOME SEASON  :cheers:

BTW Gator
YOUR RIGHT :D

G

·
Hmmm, where do I start?  I got a kickass job and FINALLY got a gen 2... a brand new one none the less.  I never expected that.  It was either I move out, or I buy a new L... I chose the L.  Sometimes I regret making that choice, but I'll have it paid off within the next year and 1/2 or so.  I'm going back to school this summer anyway, so I'll have to pay for that too.  
I got to finally meet the infamous Rob.  He's not as bad as Gator makes him out to be.... He's an awesome guy and he's funny as hell.  [smilie=eek4.gif] I'll have to take him out for some drinks or something after I turn 21.   :cheers:  
I didn't really do anything to my truck yet, because I haven't had it that long.  All it's got is a Magnaflow catback, 3" cowl hood, and a lowering kit that's not even installed yet.  I don't know if I'll get around to doing anything else to it within the next 2 months because I have 2 credit cards I'd like to pay off, and I'm going to CA for a week in February.  I'm broke just thinking about it.  
There's no plans for the gen 1 (at least none that I know of).  Maybe my father has some plans for it.   [smilie=fingersx.gif]
That's all for now..  

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, My truck ran a new best et of 12.71........but Don drove it on that run so i'm not satisfied. [smilie=fingersx.gif]

Worked out my 60 ft problems with a set of QA1's. Had 1 shock that was completely frozen!!!

Then all went to pot. Installed longtubes and highflows. Installed a Wideband commander. Truck all in the sudden fell on it's face and I spent weeks and hundreds of dollars trying to figure it out. Between the coil packs, plugs, filters, diagnostic time, 02 sensors, then finally making the ride back down to jersey and having Jim work is magic, it's back better than ever. I guess i can't complain about my truck running so pig rich all the time, it could be lean. Went on the dyno and was dipping into the 9's on the a/f again!!!

But needless to say i'm making some good power now on minimal mods. @ 440/530 on a stock blower with a 4lb lower with the rest of your fancy bolt on stuff. Made 2 passes at JDM day. The first one i couldn't get my tires spinning and tried like 5 times and felt like a total jerkoff. Then i went into the stands and saw everyone else had the same problem so i didn't feel so bad. [smilie=popcorn.gif] Too bad both my passes were interupted by leaves and i have no times. The second pass i made was unreal and i know i have a new best waiting to post.

Missed FFW this year because of a wedding , but still got to see some people at JDM day and finally got to meet the Wizard of NOS after talking on the boards with him for so long......hehe.

NELO had some nice accomplishments this year. Jamie tied in the FFW ciruit for first and Don had some good battles, taking home the Virginia trophy. Don also finally got his 10 second pass under his belt which is awesome. Even though that truck is capable of 10's all day, who would have thought de tuning and changing suspension was the trick?

We had a few a few trucks get totaled, but as far as i know, everyone is ok. Chris' truck is back together and running strong.

I'm excited to see what unfolds of this tuner shoot out. Not so much the bragging rights but just to see a bunch of fast et's. I'm really excited to see how Jim's truck turns out. Last June I was down there and saw it sitting apart. I went down for JDM day and it was stilll...........sitting in the same spot, all apart. Can't wait to see what Sal does on the CSC.

We have a new board here and hopefully it takes off well so we can stay away from the dumpster knows as F150Online. Just kick all the assholes out of here and it will be ok.

Anyhow, although because of my troubles with the truck, i made less than a dozen passes this year, but still had a blast. Sometimes, spectating and flapping your gums can be more fun. :sad: Ok, i'm full of shit but at least most of us are on the same page. Anyhow, Happy Thanksgiving to all. Us winter people have a long off season ahead of us. My truck was officially put to sleep last friday.

Peace [smilie=ughug.gif]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well the good weather is just starting here in FL. the best times are still to come this year. This Friday it will only be 70 and low humidity during the day, guess I will have to break out a jacket.

·
Registered
87 Posts
YOu guys summed it up very well. Not too much to add, just happy to be part of the community!
I got a third place trophy at my first ever organized race. FFW E-town.
I raced at several new tracks, including Capital in Maryland, and Cooper River in South Carolina.
I got to meet the Wizard of NOS
I got to attend JDM day again, where I witnessed some awsome trucks, a puked on truck, and team JDM at our back ready to rumble in vengence of said puked on truck, and be part of a 4 L convoy back from JDM day.

I guess there is sooo much more I could type...but I'll leave it at that....thanks for the countless great times my brothers and sisters!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well our season isn't over either. Going to the track again on 12/11. that will probably me my last one of the year. As for this season attened lightningfest and just had a blast I will deffenenly do everything i can to participate next year!!! Maybe a Built bottom end next year as well if I stop dumping money into my other toys!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I plan on racing alot more next year maybe NHRA and IHRA and a few FFW for shits and giggles. Most of my mods will be homegrown mods and getting a good trailer and tow truck so I can enjoy racing instead of worrying if it'll blow and no way home. Going to buy a new set of radial slicks and get some skinnies up front, fix some of the outside boo boos from the last 3 years and if you see me at the track there will always be a cold beer in the cooler!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey Bill, are you going to FFW Orlando??

I'm sure you have heard about the Hooters outings and the burnout contests...
I might even try the all wheel burnout again with my Dually...LOL

BTW....I'm still waiting!!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm planning on going, if I can find a trailer in time, I might even drive down.
On a separate note it has been turned in for about a week and a half so be patient.

All the tracks around here shut down before Thanksgiving so I'll be ready for Orlando for sure, I've got a convention there in Feb so I'll be checking the place out then maybe even run if they are open by then.

I'm hoping to pick up a few ideas for the truck at the PRI show next week and a few good photos of the girls of course......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Like Rob said it was a good year, made 7 FFW events, ran a few 10 second runs, and finnished 10th in the points at FFW.

Got to meet a bunch of great Lightning guys and gals, and got to see part of the country.

All in all I had a blast.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I enjoyed 04.

Got to the Finals at FFW E-town

and WON NMRA Maple Grove.

Made a few mags (Yeah) and had some more 10 second passes.

Got to meet and see a lot of cool L owners. Of course got to hang out with Ronbo again(always fun).

Plans for 05... Lets just say I am not resting on any laurels.. As Emerill would say 'BAM>>>I'm gonna kick it up another nothch!!!!!!!"

VINNIE

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I dropped .7 from my ETs and got into the 12s. Thank you Apten and SCT. I only made it to the track 1 or 2 times though. My goal with this truck is and always has been low 12s. So next year I am shooting for traction related purchases. I need slicks, traction bars, and a ds loop BAAAD. Mods will come few and far between though because the wife has decided that this is the year of ....... THE HOUSE! She wants new carpets, new fixtures, blah, blah, blah....

I don't post much on any of the forums but I appreciate the help that all you guys give. By the way, the how to articles are great.

Bigger/Faster/Stronger in 05,

Mook

·
Registered
859 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Rob_02L. I think many of Us had a Great Season. I hope to get more seat time in my Race Truck next season & Turn the Boost Up a Bit & maybe even break into the 8's with a Little Luck. I hope that We can All meet Up Again a couple times at E-Town, Atco, & Cecil County Next Year. I Run a Turbonetics (T-91) Turbo on my Truck & I just purchased a (T-101) Turbo but I don't think that I will change Over till the 06' Season when my New Motor Is Finished. I need to Learn how to Drive What I have before I look to Go Even Faster. Stay Fast Guys! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
My year started in Florida at FFW where I lost to Dons Bolt in the 1st round.

At FFW Etown I lost to Vinnie in the semis.

At the Tri State L Shootout I lost to Blu Baws in the finals.

At FFW in Epping I beat Don Justis in the 1st round and I got beat in the second round by Jammie on a double breakout.

At the CJMF shootout I redlit in the finals.

YES IT DOES GET BETTER

At The Fords @ Etown I WON the Lightning Class

At JDM day I Reached my goal 11.992

One week later at Cecil I backed up my 11 with 11.87 and 11.90

This has been a great year. I have had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people.

I have allready started the winter mods and the L will have a new look at FFW in Orlando.

I cant wait.

Thanks to all.

Happy Holidays

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had High hopes of hooking up with some Colorado L's at the Bandimere Mile high get togethers. There just don't seem to be many folks that run them on the track up here.

I do see them on the street but I never see them play.

I traded in my 99 L in July and it is still sitting there along with the remaining two O4 models that kept my Charcoal Gray company.

I put the Bassani on, Changed the power vavle in the tranny and did the cold air intake.
I am very pleased with the way it runs for now and don't really have any big plans.

I guess I will continure to live Vicariously through you all and your fun at the track.

I can't believe that the season is over so soon. The cold temps realy seem to help you guys. I have the cold temps but the altitude doesn't even let me break even with sea level Power.

I sure enjoy lurking and feel like you are all family. I just don't have much to say these days. I guess when you have a stock ride and it's brand new and your content, life is good.
"Peace and God Bless"
Thank you all for being You!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts