Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I know if anyone can help me you all can. Heres the deal I bought a SCT SF3 from a friend who now is tuned with a Diablo so when I hooked it to my truck and went to program vehicle it said return to stock, custom tune and strategy tune?? So im assuming it dont have the stock tunes on it since it says return to stock and I cant get the tunes off my buddies truck because he is tuned with a Diablo now!! So my question is can SCT somehow put the factory tunes back on the device so I can use it? Or how can I get the tunes back?? Sorry for the long post but I have to figure something out!!! Thanks guys!!!:smt100

·
Yeah It's Stock
2,829 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you can send it back to SCT and they can return it to stock for you, it seems I remember a friend having to that for his mustang.

Reactions: svtlightning03

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure that you can send it back to SCT and they can return it to stock for you, it seems I remember a friend having to that for his mustang.
Awesome I will give SCT a call in the morning and see if I can do that!! Thanks for the info!!!:bigtu If anyone else has any more info let me know!! Thanks!!

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
That will cost you $150 shipped back to you but you still won't have _your_ stock tune in it unless your truck has the stock tune now. You save that to slot#1 and have your tuner use #2 & #3 for your custom street & track tunes. Hope you didn't pay too much for the SCT because you an often buy an unlocked SCT for $200-$250 with 3-4 open slots. I bought mine locally for $225 with 4 open slots (unlocked).

Mike

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That will cost you $150 shipped back to you but you still won't have _your_ stock tune in it unless your truck has the stock tune now. You save that to slot#1 and have your tuner use #2 & #3 for your custom street & track tunes. Hope you didn't pay too much for the SCT because you an often buy an unlocked SCT for $200-$250 with 3-4 open slots. I bought mine locally for $225 with 4 open slots (unlocked).

Mike
I've never had the device on the truck before yesterday so my stock tune is still on my truck. It's a SF3 and it doesn't have the preloaded programs on it that are susposed to be on it. Unless I'm just not seeing them. When I go to program vehcile it says return to stock custom tune and strategy tune. So my only options are either get a custom tune or pay the $150 to get the preloaded tunes back!!

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
IIRC, when you plug the tuner into the OBD port you can call up a menu, and the menu options include telling you whether the unit is locked or not. It will say "unlocked" in the display. The SF3 models (I think) come with preloaded tunes, but you're best bet is to call SCT and ask for Jesse Silva.

This is what you're looking for on a once-used, unlocked SCT X3:

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I called SCT and they told me since it was still married to another truck I would have to pay the $150 and they would update it for me and wipe it out and put the preloaded tunes back in it. Do any of you guys know if my buddy pulls that Diablo off his truck if the SCT tune will still be on there? If so could I take the SCT and hook it up and return to stock and get the tunes back?

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
I called SCT and they told me since it was still married to another truck I would have to pay the $150 and they would update it for me and wipe it out and put the preloaded tunes back in it. Do any of you guys know if my buddy pulls that Diablo off his truck if the SCT tune will still be on there? If so could I take the SCT and hook it up and return to stock and get the tunes back?
When he puts the original backup tune from the Diablo unit back into the vehicle he will be loading back in the stock tune, even if it really is the tune that came off the SCT unit that he did not put back to stock so yes it will work.

When a new tuning module is hooked up to a vehicle it does not care what tune is in the vehicle, as long as the computer codes match it will just pull out whatever tune is in the vehicle and save it as the "stock tune".

Hook the Diablo up, restore the orginal backup tune then use the SCT unit to return the vehicle to stock and you should be good to go with both tuning modules.

I know its confusing but hope that info helps,

JJ

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When he puts the original backup tune from the Diablo unit back into the vehicle he will be loading back in the stock tune, even if it really is the tune that came off the SCT unit that he did not put back to stock so yes it will work.

When a new tuning module is hooked up to a vehicle it does not care what tune is in the vehicle, as long as the computer codes match it will just pull out whatever tune is in the vehicle and save it as the "stock tune".

Hook the Diablo up, restore the orginal backup tune then use the SCT unit to return the vehicle to stock and you should be good to go with both tuning modules.

I know its confusing but hope that info helps,

JJ
JJ thanks for all the info you have been very helpful!! So one more question once I hook the SCT up and select return to stock will that unmarry the SCT so I can use it with my truck and have the preloaded tunes back?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It worked I got all the programs back on my SCT!!! Im glad it worked cause that saved me from having to send it to SCT and it saved me $150!!!:bigtu Thanks to everyone who replied to my thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts