Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for an SCT programmer and i need to know the following:

what is the best or better model to get?
where can i get one for a good price? amazon? wms?
can i turn off the egr and cats without getting a custom tune?
when it comes time to get a custom tune who's the tops for respectable email tuners?

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
I used the SCT 9600 it's great but it is back at SCT getting worked on. get the XCAL

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
Xcal3 is the most popular, and the one I'd go with again and is the one I'll recomend to you unless you want the Live Wire for the "guages"...

·
chad.kirwan
399 Posts
sct

got mine from my tuner as part of the dyno tune and i thought it was a good price plus he did the tuning. ed"s01 got the same thing we have xcal3'shad mine for two years with no problems. email amazon or jj at woodbine motor sports.:bong:smiley_bong:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
since you will hear pros and cons about any tuner.. I suggest that you talk to any tuner you are considering one on one..
Rick works with several tuning products but our customers ask for SCT 10 to 1 over all other brands..

Rick has many many years of tuning expereince and knowledge and has been doing mail order tuning since 1998

PM your # to me and I will have him call you to discuss your tuning options

we sell the SCT XCAL3 for $399..free shipping,free life time revisions no matter what you add and free custom tune

·
Forged Internals, like Roses to Men
1,099 Posts
since you will hear pros and cons about any tuner.. I suggest that you talk to any tuner you are considering one on one..
Rick works with several tuning products but our customers ask for SCT 10 to 1 over all other brands..

Rick has many many years of tuning expereince and knowledge and has been doing mail order tuning since 1998

we sell the SCT XCAL3 for $399..free shipping,free life time revisions no matter what you add and free custom tune

And their customer service is second to none...SCT Xcal3 with one of Rick's custom tunes here.

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
Fawk email tunes! Not that they don't work but I'd rather take my shitbox to a tuner, put it on the rollers and dial in a street tune and a race tune in one day. All the back n forth data logging,revisions and waiting would drive me crazy.
That said, I just ordered a couple things for the gt500 along with a handheld and a couple tunes from JDM. Lmfao!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just for me to get a dyno tune in alberta would require me to drive 8-12 hours to go to edmonton or calgary... and then whatever they would charge me for the dyno pulls and tuning... doesnt seem practical to me.. with the way my exterior is looking i highly doubt i will have any mods on the truck this year other than the long tube headers and bassani exhaust so i want to use the programmer to cut my egr and cats and get those out of the way

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Rick does remote tuning sessions all the time for people just like you who dont have easy access to a dyno.. dyno tuning is not always an option for everyone..yes there is some working back and forth but the outcome is worth the effort..you will need a portable wide band for reading the AF but datalogging can be done with street runs

you need live tuning software to be able to change what you need done..it can not be done within the capabilities of the tuners itself..it has to be done within the tune

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Xcal 2 with Rick's tune.......Never going anywhere else!!!!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
you dont need it at the price it is new vs a new XCAL3 price..but since you found a deal on a used one.... just make very sure that it is unmarried or it will be useless to you and cost you more money to get it unlocked.. you will also have to pay for a custom tune which is $185 so add that to the price you will be paying for it

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
turns out it's completely unused still in the box... included with a windshield mount and EGT kit included for 450 shipped... if you ask me thats an amazing deal

i dont need a custom tune yet though because the ONLY things i will need to do with the tuner is change for settings for deleting the EGR and CATS... i can do that with the tuner right without a custom tune???

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts

Thats a great deal, if SCT doesn't fit my 9600 I am going to do that. My tuners starting to run me out of money 700 spent so far and still not done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts