Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ttt

·
Registered
312 Posts
still for sale?

whats the difference between this and the ba2400 everyone talks about?

·
Registered
312 Posts
So for just about 450-500whp this maf would be fine? I dont plan to go any higher than that with this truck and im no where near that right now.

Also do i need this tuned like the mafia units or is that a plug and play calibrated maf?

·
BagsR4groceries eBay built
9,640 Posts
So for just about 450-500whp this maf would be fine? I dont plan to go any higher than that with this truck and im no where near that right now.

Also do i need this tuned like the mafia units or is that a plug and play calibrated maf?

It would be OK to use but yes your truck has to be tuned for the maf not plug and play

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
312 Posts
ok thank you.
these trucks need retuned every time you fart a different tone. its crazy.
need to take out a loan just to find a tuner and have it retuned every time i drink milk lol

·
BagsR4groceries eBay built
9,640 Posts
ok thank you.

these trucks need retuned every time you fart a different tone. its crazy.

need to take out a loan just to find a tuner and have it retuned every time i drink milk lol

Haha well not really. You add an intake or exhaust you don't need a tune done, when you up the boost you want to ofcourse add the larger maf and fuel upgrades and tune

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
312 Posts
i figured, im just bein stupid lol
i just see people saying a tune is needed for every little thing. and since iv never NEEDED to dyno tune my other cars im goin to guess each tuning session is around $200-$500 depending who the tuner is.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i just see people saying a tune is needed for every little thing. and since iv never NEEDED to dyno tune my other cars im goin to guess each tuning session is around $200-$500 depending who the tuner is.
That's why you 'plan' your mods in advance and get the MAF / injectors that you'll eventually need , install them and get the tune done up properly to calibrate for those components. Once the MAF transfer function is properly dialed in, it should be good to go for any future mods (if the tuner actually knows what he's doing). The problem is that some 'tuners' will only tune the transfer table up to the point of what they see for the current configuration and any mods added later that will increase the airflow up into a range of the MAF table that hasn't been adjusted yet would require more tuning.

The same thing applies to the spark tables - proper adjustment for existing load will set up for correct spark at higher load when mods are added that increase airflow.

A good tuner that offers free adjustments after the initial tune is the way to go - that way, all you have to do is send him a good datalog after any mods and he can send back an adjusted tune. There are a few tuners out there that offer this.......

Bird

Reactions: Superwes98

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure if you have a good tuner where your from, but there's a lot of good tuners on this site that give you tune revisions on your upgrades.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I can't afford to have my truck shipped off to get my truck dyno tuned every time I put a mod on it.
Lol If I had that kinda money I wouldn't be on here asking for help, I'd be throwing my money everywhere on he said she said

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can't afford to have my truck shipped off to get my truck dyno tuned every time I put a mod on it.
Lol If I had that kinda money I wouldn't be on here asking for help, I'd be throwing my money everywhere on he said she said
They send you email revisions.

·
Registered
312 Posts
But everyone on here says to get dyno tuned only
I'm confused lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
so what is the difference between a can'd tune and a mail tune?
i always thought they were the same

1 - 20 of 25 Posts