Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be the only one that is confused by all the micro-tuning devices out there. That's okay, I am easily and usually confused anyway. I have done some research and would prefer not to dig into the ECU to chip it. A handheld tune will probably give me all I need since I don't intend on track racing.

Is the 9100 being phased out? I would prefer to have it since it can read codes and provide three different tunes.

Is anyone offering great deals on either tuner?

[smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
FireGuy said:
I must be the only one that is confused by all the micro-tuning devices out there.  That's okay, I am easily and usually confused anyway. I have done some research and would prefer not to dig into the ECU to chip it. A handheld tune will probably give me all I need since I don't intend on track racing.

Is the 9100 being phased out? I would prefer to have it since it can read codes and provide three different tunes.

Is anyone offering great deals on either tuner?

[smilie=fingersx.gif]

The 9100 is no longer available. It was a stopgap by SCT to get their product ot market and it worked great.. The Xcal is going thru is second incarnation and will have prompt screens and such to help the user, along with being a datalogger if so desired.

Please check out my section here on LR, I'm always here to help and if you have any questions, please feel free to call anytime. I always offer specials to LR members.

[email protected] Motorsports

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
FireGuy said:
Thanks for the reply. That clears up most of my fogged mind.  Is there a name or number for the newest version? If it has not been released yet, that's cool, I am still a few months away from needing one.

[smilie=secret.gif]
Xcal2 is the name being floated around and I believe it will be available here shortly.. Keep checking this section for more details as they become available.

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts