Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 7 months ago I pulled the eaton off and cleaned the IC, changed the plugs and filled the silencer holes, also added a oil separator, I'm about to add a 6lb lower so I'm going to put fresh tr6 with the proper gap in it, my question is would it just be easier to pull the SC off to change them or leave it on, another concern I have is in 7 months my separator has only caught a few drops of oil, so I'm wondering if it's covering my Ic again, so i figured i would pull it and check, thanks for the advice men.

·
Certified In SVT By Ford
847 Posts
i personally wouldnt pull the supercharger just for a plug change... but if you pull the intake breather hose you should see if it has oil in it. i would say if so its still getting in. if its dry, i wouldnt think its sucking oil in the TB

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which hose are you referring to? What swivels and extensions are necessary to change the plugs if I leave it on, thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
You'll need a good selection of extensions & definitely a 1/4" drive, 7mm swivel socket. If you pull the air intake & look for oil collecting in it & the throttle body. If there's not much there then I wouldn't bother with the intercooler.

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
id pull it, i clean mine every year and ever year with a separator its nasty enough to merit cleaning

·
Rumpshaker
1,555 Posts
No need to pull it. I used to do my plugs with the fuel rails and EGR in place. Practice makes perfect.

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which plugs will be the hardest to get to with the SC in place, and what are some tricks to make it easier?

·
Registered
315 Posts
The back 2 maybe 4 are going to be the hardest ones to get to!! All I can say is if you get frustrated with it just walk away for a minute and calm down cause those plugs with the supercharger on are a b**ch to get to!!!!

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to see someone somewhat close to me, not many Lightnings in my area

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I go to them all, I'll be there next month also

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.