Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to have my truck back together by tomorrow night. Will I be safe with a ported apten and a 4# pulley without a tune? I am awaiting the arrival of my SCT flasher, hopefully by the end of the week, so I can have a custom tune installed(would have been nice to be informed they were out of flashers when I ordered :evil:).

Truck will be babied until I get a tune but will I be safe without it for a few days? I would think I will be okay as long as I stay out of boost.

Thanks,

Mook

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mook, whatever you do, DO NOT go out there anf floor the vehicle, as you will no doubt hear a bunch of marbles rushing through your engines, What this simply mean is you will experience Severe Detonation (Little Midget w/50 lb. Sledgehammer) beating on the top of each of your pistons. Also, while you are getting the new SCT Tuner, you might also look into replacing the Stock Sparkplugs with a fresh set of NGK TR6's and gap them at .038 for preventative measures, to combat against any knock retard that will be present on any performance tune. Hope this helps, as if you cannot find those NGK plugs, then check them out here:

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/SFPH/lightning/ec_ngk_sparkplugs.htm

:smt023

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a set of TR6s installed already. Should have mentioned that. I ran a 4# without tune/plugs for almost a year. When I pulled the plugs I was shocked at how bad a shape they were in. Won't make that mistake this go around.

Mook

1 - 3 of 3 Posts