Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
8,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are initial dyno numbers and are posted to show the massive increase in power with just a single degree of timing. No airfuel changes were made at all. First pull of 646 was with the break in tune. Notice the 1* timing increments and how the power keeps going up, the truck was taken to 6300rpm's on the 704hp pull and was still making power. I do not feel comfortable taking any truck past 700hp with a stock fuel hat. With added timing down low as well as up top I feel the torque will also come up to above 700 easily.

19lbs of boost, 11.5 airfuel on a mix of 93 and C16 to be safe. I also kept the power down due to the stock fuel hat even with the upgraded lines as the stock hat has a less then ideal feed ID for feeding more power.

This combo can easily use another 5* of timing or more and will easily make 760+ when turned up with a proper fuel hat/cell/pump etc...

These out of the box TF heads along with the custom L&M cams that we had designed and made specific for this combination are showing exactly what we knew they would.

JJ

Attachments

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
First off, congrats Ryan!

Secondly, a MIX of 93 and C16?? That seems unreliable as you're never going to consistently get that same mix of fuel. I'd think that would be something every professional tuner would know, and wouldnt even consider doing. If it's a street tune (/race tune for now until upgraded fuel hat), is he really going to be expected to fill up with 93 octane, then add a bit of C16?? -1 for WMS.

·
Big Dck Playa
1,293 Posts
:rockon_ford

·
Administrator
18,138 Posts
Nice to see it alive. Ryan has been down for a while. Looking forward to seeing this truck and chatting about it a bit this weekend. I will await additional data and see where that torque goes to with full support and tuning.

Jim

·
Registered
8,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, congrats Ryan!

Secondly, a MIX of 93 and C16?? That seems unreliable as you're never going to consistently get that same mix of fuel. I'd think that would be something every professional tuner would know, and wouldnt even consider doing. If it's a street tune (/race tune for now until upgraded fuel hat), is he really going to be expected to fill up with 93 octane, then add a bit of C16?? -1 for WMS.
We added the C16 just for a safe mix to get the trucks initial dyno results. This was a starting point for getting the truck tuned and to know what it likes and as expected it likes timing.

A full on C16 tune will be utilized when he does the upgrade the the fuel system that he has planned.

JJ

·
My junk is SOLD!!!!!
2,260 Posts
Glad to see Ryan's truck is up and going!! I just can't believe a stock fuel hat would keep this truck from making even 675, but what do I know. Didnt Kevin (Smokin02) make 690 on the stock fuel hat and lines from the tank? Not taking anything away from 646, thats some serious power and I know they're just numbers, but damn, I figured since there was really no corners but here, this truck would be at 700 or close to it easy. Well, Ry, I guess its time to let her rip!!

Sorry, I missed the 704 part... I'm sure Ryan wouldve done that hat if he knew it would've made the difference though...

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Wtg.

Great to see these 3.4 builds getting to show what they can do

·
I accidentally ur mom
665 Posts
Nice! 3.4 and built tranny is what I am saving up for phase 2

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Sumped tank and big old Weldon pump and let the big dog eat...Sounds like this engine has some real potential.

·
Premium Member
5,722 Posts
Great numbers! Heck I'll be happy for 600+ on my setup!

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Nice, I can't wait to have this set-up in the big rig.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
About this Discussion
180 Replies
56 Participants
lightning_2000
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing