Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo Rob0

I have been thinking about what changes you should make once you get your built motor installed. So before you have Sal put the new motor in, lets all look at what parts you have now, and what parts you should keep, and what you should change.

Here is what I think you should look into

First off you need to do some exhaust work- get the spent fumes out better. Maybee you can find a good used set of long tube headers.

2nd-you have to work on your pulley setup- use more boost to get off the line - less Nitrous off the line
After watching you run a few times you seem to over power the track in the first 60 feet.

3rd- lets think about a torque converter
While you have the engine out, this is the time to concider a better converter.

4th- tune the nitrous
once you can get your 60' times down, then use the wizzards system to it's full advantage.

This is the time to figure out what combination of parts you need to get the most out of the new motor. I think we can get your truck to run a lot better E/T's and make it way more consistant. So tell us what you want to run for times, and let us help you figure out the best combo to make this happen.

Then we are going to teach you how to use your new setup, in bracket racing events.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Think Rob has most of the mods covered ... but the last part .. I fell sure that Rob has been thinking long and hard about his reaction time ... etc ... rumor has it Rob will be involved in a drivers course .. sponsored by GATOR..

We .. at LightningRodder wish Rob the best of LUCK ... just So we won't see as many of those FASTER than Rob post and sigs ...
Who does that anyway??????????
Don ... PS .. Congrats on Truck of the Month

WQ ... Faster than ROB

Me Faster than Rob Tooooooooooooo

·
Registered
261 Posts
Don,
You must of missed the parts in Rob's long list. Not hard with so many to read. LOL

Rob is getting long tubes and a Greg Evans torque converter. I believe the pulleys are going to be increased also.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
racetested said:
Don,
You must of missed the parts in Rob's long list. Not hard with so many to read. LOL

Rob is getting long tubes and a Greg Evans torque converter. I believe the pulleys are going to be increased also.
Cooooooool, I will have to looky for that post

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Only cause I love you guys, I'll give you a sneak peak at my new site
http://www.robs02lightning.com

This page has the EVER GROWING Mod list on it

http://www.robs02lightning.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=42

Site's NOT EVEN CLOSE to being partially done, but enjoy whats there.
HUGE THANKS TO CHRIS :smt023
(I love you like a red headed Step Brother with Freckles Pal)  :D

DonsBolt said:
Yo Rob0

I have been thinking.........
........... about what changes

First off you need to do some exhaust work.................DONE :D

Maybee long tube headers..............DONE :D

you have to work on your pulley setup...DONE :D

use more boost to get off the line...DONE :D

less Nitrous off the line....NOT A FRUCKING CHANCE, I WANT AIR [smilie=fingersx.gif]
[smilie=laugh.gif]

lets think about a torque converter.....DONE :D

tune the nitrous................. get your 60' times down, then use the wizard CAN YOU SAY I WANT FRIGGING AIR :smt026

This is the time to figure out what combination of parts you need to get the most out of the new motor. I think we can get your truck to run a lot better E/T's and make it way more consistant. So tell us what you want to run for times, and let us help you figure out the best combo to make this happen.

Then we are going to teach you how to use your new setup, in bracket racing events.
I
WANT
FRUCKING
Air

OH YA, AND A 10 [smilie=bow.gif]

·
Registered
734 Posts
DonsBolt said:
Yo Rob0

I have been thinking about what changes you should make once you get your built motor installed. So before you have Sal put the new motor in, lets all look at what parts you have now, and what parts you should keep, and what you should change.

First off you need to do some exhaust work- get the spent fumes out better. Maybee you can find a good used set of long tube headers.

2nd-you have to work on your pulley setup- use more boost to get off the line - less Nitrous off the line
After watching you run a few times you seem to over power the track in the first 60 feet.

3rd- lets think about a torque converter
While you have the engine out, this is the time to concider a better converter.

4th- tune the nitrous
once you can get your 60' times down, then use the wizzards system to it's full advantage.

What about your old buddy Suavy Don?

I could use some tips and pointers. :sad:

·
Registered
454 Posts
What about your old buddy Suavy Don?

I could use some tips and pointers. :sad:
Hey! I could use some pointers too! Need to get this truck making 635 rwhp like Don! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts