Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was not feeling the plain gray expy console ive have for years and I changed it up some. Repained the sides, removed and covered the map pockets, did the top and rear in satin black, and painted the rear wall and trim in black at the same time. I also installed my black visors and a-pillar covers/handles. Headliner is coming out next week to get done in black.

What do you think?

Old...

New...

Sun screwed up this pic, makes it looks much glossier than it really is..... I also painted the 3 gray plugs black since the pic.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,123 Posts
Looks good.

I've been doing that color combo for years now and it never gets old.

Curves at the front of the map pockets are a bitch to get flat ain't they?? Took me a few times to figure out how to do it correctly. Also, they used to make those 3 back wall plugs in black for the HD.

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
the back wall, visors and a pillar are a bit much for me but i love it with the black carpet and changes to the console

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
No THAT is how it shoulda came from factory... GJ!

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks good.

I've been doing that color combo for years now and it never gets old.

Curves at the front of the map pockets are a bitch to get flat ain't they?? Took me a few times to figure out how to do it correctly. Also, they used to make those 3 back wall plugs in black for the HD.
You aint kidding!!!! I ended up using crazy glue and clamps for the curves to get them to stay.

I used a black Sharpie on the gray plugs and they blend right in now.

Thanks everyone, I really like it much better.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Looks awesome man!!

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
Too many damn Josh's..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.