Lightning Rodder banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
It's looking real purty man! Your truck is gonna be like sjck's beauty when it's done.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Great work! Definitely one of a kind and even better that you did it all yourself!
Thank you! I hope it all pays off.
It's looking real purty man! Your truck is gonna be like sjck's beauty when it's done.
Thank u also, but i dont think mine will be any where near as nice as his. At least not on the underside. Maybe close with the paint. Lol

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Finally got around to doin somethin with the truck. Im deleting the abs and adding a line lock so when i took the stock lines out i mess up a couple of fittings. So after a lil bit of thought i decided to "upgrade" all the factory hard lines since ive got stainless on the front and back flex lines and stainless hard lines on the back thanks to Stifflers. I ordered a 20 ft kit of stainless tubing and fitting. I ordered a titan double flair tool (works great). Ive got the rear 2 piece line all 1 piece stainless now with stainless nuts on both ends. Also got the one goin to the passenger side ran. Got my line lock mounted after testing and extended the wire to go in the cab to do later. Anyway this is my first bout with brake tubing and its not perfect by any means so be gentle with the remarks. Lol. Its tuff to bend and get everything where i want it. Heres a couple of pics of progress. Thanks for looking

Reactions: Blackedout99

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
So i finished the passenger side up amd got to working on th drivers side. Was doining the 2nd flair on my drivers side to the "T" fitting when my flair tool broke. So i finished mocking up the rest of the lines for the front. They will need a lil tweaking after they get flair nuts but its comin together.... slowly. 🙄🙄🙄

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Thanks! I added the upper brace to help tie the rear together and keep the frame rails from twisting. That plus the bottom one should help keep it solid where i added a roll pan. Plus the bottom piece holds the battery and catches the inner and outer rear leaf spring mount. It should help keep it all more rigid (i hope anyway). Plus movin the battery back there should help balance the truck a small amount.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Progress! Finally finished the brake lines. Tighten everything up and NO LEAKS! SO happy about this. Vac bled them twice. Now need to pressure bleed them just cause i like to as a final step. Started the truck and let it run for a bit to get the fluids goin and up to temp. The pedal still doesnt get good and firm with the truck running so im thinking maybe the booster isnt doin all it could do. (The pedal was never good and firm before the abs delete and proper bleeding hence im thinkin booster or master cylinder now). I will road test it and see how it feels later but prolly goin hyroboost anyway so ..... I havent done the electrical on the line loc yet i will get around to it sometime. Its there so installed and waiting on 1 wire. So after all this i now have all stainless brake lines and fittings with the exception of a single brass t fitting and the 2 brass adapters for the line loc(1 goin in and 1 goin out). It took roughly 25 or 26 feet of brake line but im sure someone that was better with doin brake lines could do it with less. Also the abs light came on as soon as i started the truck but went right back out after plugging it back in to the module. Hopefully i can find the 2 wires to jump and keep the light off that a member here mentioned. (If i do i will post it here for future reference because that member never specified which wires). Also the wheel speed sensors will still trigger the abs light if unplugged(may pull that bulb yet we will see. Lol).Anyway heres some pics of the finished product of all this brake line work. Thanks for lookin.

·
Premium Member
5,987 Posts
Nice work!! When I did my ABS delete I just pulled the bulb from the dash.

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
Nice work!! When I did my ABS delete I just pulled the bulb from the dash.
My 98 Ranger, I installed a new brake light switch tow months ago. All the sudden the ABS light came on. I don't miss it. I just taped over the light with some black tape. LMAO!!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts