Lightning Rodder banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,394 Posts
It's looking real purty man! Your truck is gonna be like sjck's beauty when it's done.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Great work! Definitely one of a kind and even better that you did it all yourself!
Thank you! I hope it all pays off.
It's looking real purty man! Your truck is gonna be like sjck's beauty when it's done.
Thank u also, but i dont think mine will be any where near as nice as his. At least not on the underside. Maybe close with the paint. Lol

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Finally got around to doin somethin with the truck. Im deleting the abs and adding a line lock so when i took the stock lines out i mess up a couple of fittings. So after a lil bit of thought i decided to "upgrade" all the factory hard lines since ive got stainless on the front and back flex lines and stainless hard lines on the back thanks to Stifflers. I ordered a 20 ft kit of stainless tubing and fitting. I ordered a titan double flair tool (works great). Ive got the rear 2 piece line all 1 piece stainless now with stainless nuts on both ends. Also got the one goin to the passenger side ran. Got my line lock mounted after testing and extended the wire to go in the cab to do later. Anyway this is my first bout with brake tubing and its not perfect by any means so be gentle with the remarks. Lol. Its tuff to bend and get everything where i want it. Heres a couple of pics of progress. Thanks for looking

Reactions: Blackedout99

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
So i finished the passenger side up amd got to working on th drivers side. Was doining the 2nd flair on my drivers side to the "T" fitting when my flair tool broke. So i finished mocking up the rest of the lines for the front. They will need a lil tweaking after they get flair nuts but its comin together.... slowly. 🙄🙄🙄

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Thanks! I added the upper brace to help tie the rear together and keep the frame rails from twisting. That plus the bottom one should help keep it solid where i added a roll pan. Plus the bottom piece holds the battery and catches the inner and outer rear leaf spring mount. It should help keep it all more rigid (i hope anyway). Plus movin the battery back there should help balance the truck a small amount.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Progress! Finally finished the brake lines. Tighten everything up and NO LEAKS! SO happy about this. Vac bled them twice. Now need to pressure bleed them just cause i like to as a final step. Started the truck and let it run for a bit to get the fluids goin and up to temp. The pedal still doesnt get good and firm with the truck running so im thinking maybe the booster isnt doin all it could do. (The pedal was never good and firm before the abs delete and proper bleeding hence im thinkin booster or master cylinder now). I will road test it and see how it feels later but prolly goin hyroboost anyway so ..... I havent done the electrical on the line loc yet i will get around to it sometime. Its there so installed and waiting on 1 wire. So after all this i now have all stainless brake lines and fittings with the exception of a single brass t fitting and the 2 brass adapters for the line loc(1 goin in and 1 goin out). It took roughly 25 or 26 feet of brake line but im sure someone that was better with doin brake lines could do it with less. Also the abs light came on as soon as i started the truck but went right back out after plugging it back in to the module. Hopefully i can find the 2 wires to jump and keep the light off that a member here mentioned. (If i do i will post it here for future reference because that member never specified which wires). Also the wheel speed sensors will still trigger the abs light if unplugged(may pull that bulb yet we will see. Lol).Anyway heres some pics of the finished product of all this brake line work. Thanks for lookin.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Nice work!! When I did my ABS delete I just pulled the bulb from the dash.

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,394 Posts
My 98 Ranger, I installed a new brake light switch two months ago. All the sudden the ABS light came on. I don't miss it. I just taped over the light with some black tape. LMAO!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks. I may end up pulling the bulb for the abs light. Not really what i wanted to do but i wana pull the wheel speed sensors aswell. They also cause the light to come on. Hope to get some more done this weekend.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Update. Decided just to pull the abs bulb. Removed all sensors and sealed plugs and ziptied em up out da way. Moved on to stripping the inside for prep of new body mount bushings. Got all of em in and the nuts started but cant tighten them down till i get some help. Wld prefer help anyway. Lol. The one above the gas tank was a pain in the butt to get started. Anyway gona maybe make a new sub box while it out aswell. Heres a pic of the new poly body mount.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Also got my new hydroboost in today. All the fittings and everything sld be here in the next couple of days. After i check everything and make sure it all works like it sld i will make a post with all the parts to do it with. Because after lookin everywhere on this site i havent found any info on actual parts list to do this. Im useing all new parts also so👍.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wow! Nice work!
I used to weld, and that’s some good work, you should be proud!
That’s awesome, and I’m over here freaking out on removing my bed, I want to paint my frame and change some things out. It’s small fires compared to this haha

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Thanks, im doin the best i can. I hope itll all be worth it after im done. I keep workin toward gettin it all back together. It mighta snowballed more than i meant for it to. Lol. Oh well. Lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks, im doin the best i can. I hope itll all be worth it after im done. I keep workin toward gettin it all back together. It mighta snowballed more than i meant for it to. Lol. Oh well. Lol
I kinda understand you lol
My truck is parked right now; and I said, let me remove spare and tow hitch, next thing you know I’m looking at differential covers, sway bars, and a Panhard lol

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Got my cab bushings tightened up 2day with help from my dad. Also pressure bled the brakes. They feel better already. And also got my line lock wired and working. Now my horn button has 2 functions. Its horn and at the flip of a switch its my line lock momentary switch.😁😁😁😁. Havent got a chance to actually use it cept testing that it holds the front brakes. Next up will be the hydroboost conversion and finish with everything brake related. I am still planning on a starting a seperate thread with the parts list after i check that everything is right. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Made some good progress today with my project of "almost everything". Lol. I got all of my parts in for my hydroboost conversion. small modifications done to the mountimg plate(moved 2 studs) and bolted in. I got my lines routed and made up myself for the lengths and fittings and got everything in and tightened up. Ran out of play time 2day but maybe i can finish it up tm. Gota tie up a couple of loose ends with it and then i will be able to fill it back up and bleed the system and i HOPE to have this done and everything working. Again i will make a write up with in a new thread just for this and the parts list i used to be able to do it with all new parts and such. Anyway heres my pics i snapped while working through all of it 2day. Enjoy!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Small update with the project. Been busy lately so now alot of progress. Tested the new hydroboost and love the way the pedal feels! Effortless on stopping, no pulsing from the stupid faulty abs unit. Great mod! It just dropped the pedal down and inch or so, so that take some getting use to. Anyway i got my hole cut in the bed for my access panel to the fuel hat. Made a frame to fit in the hole and have a small lip to rest the plate on. Pretty much all i like is drilling a few more holes and putting some nutserts in the lower frame to hold the top plate still. The main frame it (top plate)will rest on is all 1/8 aluminum and will be held on will stainless 1/4x20 nuts and nylon insert nuts and washers/loc washers. Heres a few pics. Should be big enuf to get to it no problem without being too big. And hopefully i measured everything right to locate the hole i made over the fuel hat. 😅😅🤣🤣 wish me luck. Lol

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Ok. Got my access panel for the fuel hat finished today and got the bed set back down and bolted on. I think its gona work perfect. I love how it turned out. When i need in there to remove the fuel hat its just pull the bed liner back and 8 button heads and there it is. Heres pics of the finished project.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Got my fuel pump and truck wiring done. Used factory wires as the trigger for the relay and ran 6 gauge power and ground wires for the pumps. I also added in a main 250 amp circuit breaker from the battery to the rest of the truck. A 60 amp breaker from that to the bussman ss relay. Gona make a cover for all of it to prevent any possible contacts.. Its in the upper concave part of the bed out of the way. I have a hard shell bed cover btw. Also added in remote terminals for jumping off and my battery tender ring lugs for keeping the battery topped off.

Reactions: B4Thunder03
61 - 80 of 82 Posts