Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing some threads awhile back I figured I would try this out. Mine were alot worse than what you guys had. Didnt get any before pics the battery was dead in the camera but lets just say my plastic matched my silver paint. This product turned out good and doesnt look to shabby. I did all the plastic on the truck (rear window, tailgate, caps). The last pic looks like lines in the plastic but its the suns glare

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,765 Posts
I almost did mine today :laughing25 now I know I should have

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a few coats as well..turned out great and looks new. I was always embarassed at shows cuz it looked like shit haha..so i said screw it, best $9 i spent

·
11 Second Club
15,110 Posts
Oh yeah the one Pattycakes posted? I tried looking for some but no luck. Autozone might have it though.

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah the one Pattycakes posted? I tried looking for some but no luck. Autozone might have it though.
Walmart has it. they just change the box design now. its red and white not blue anymore. its made by bondo and in the auto paint section

·
11 Second Club
15,110 Posts
Walmart has it. they just change the box design now. its red and white not blue anymore. its made by bondo and in the auto paint section
Thanks! Is it a Spray Bottle?

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! Is it a Spray Bottle?
no its actually like a gel liquid and comes with a sponge. you squirt some on the sponge and rub it in. let dry for 8min and apply another coat if needed. fully dry within 15 min

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
its a gel, its not that great IMO it leaves streaks

if you JUST did it then you cant comment on the above, when the product starts "washing away" it leaves streaks a few weeks later. im kinda pissed about it.

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its a gel, its not that great IMO it leaves streaks

if you JUST did it then you cant comment on the above, when the product starts "washing away" it leaves streaks a few weeks later. im kinda pissed about it.
went to the carwash about 5hrs after I did it and its still there. it rained as well and still no wash away and no streaks. :smt102..maybe I will give it a few months but for $9 it was worth it

·
Registered
512 Posts
I like back to black by mothers... I've used it on my trailblazer, and a 95 GT mustang, and it worked really well, removed the oxidation on the 95. I've not tried the Restore Black though. Thankfully my Lightning doesn't need it yet.

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
I like back to black by mothers... I've used it on my trailblazer, and a 95 GT mustang, and it worked really well, removed the oxidation on the 95. I've not tried the Restore Black though. Thankfully my Lightning doesn't need it yet.
I must do it wrong but back to black always streaks and looks like ass after the first rain for me. I have to find this bondo stuff; everything on my truck is black but my faded plastic

·
land of 10,000 lakes!
411 Posts
That's what I use also...

Works very good!

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I couldnt find the mothers so thats why I tried the Bondo brand..im sure it works the same. if it doesnt hold up im going to end up paint them

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,765 Posts

the back to black is what I've always used and it's annoying, barely lasts one rain storm...

this restore black better be alot better or else I'm painting the plastic trim as well

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.