Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
18,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have suspicions of agendas that had this country stop and quiver. The numbers never made sense to me and I pride myself as understanding numbers. And remembering most of my quality education I was lucky to have. I question the info provided and the decisions made from it. But without getting into any real partisan or economic reasons, we are about to begin coming back on line.

I hope we do not lose a great deal of people. But I know some will perish. Those at risk please take great care of yourself. Those of us at less risk, lets get this thing revved up and running again. And lets hope there are lessons learned by this episode. And hope many court cases will not allow our rights to be eliminated like they have been this time for very little gain, IMO. Yes in spots some limits were necessary. Not in other areas at all. Yes our government can enact rules to protect society at large that do infringe upon individuals. But it should be narrowly and directly focused. Not sweeping. And it should be based on proven science. Not speculation.

Ask questions. Study all sides. Fight for each other. Fight for our rights. Don't take freedom lightly. There are few places where there is any freedom. This episode has shown how little we really have at present here in the USA. I will be doing things to make sure our freedom is protected and our voices will be heard in my area. I want to have more influence. I want people to think for themselves and not just be told.I want to be part of the solution.

Wandering the net listening to music tonight I came across a song I love and remember it being played in a time of crisis, but unity. Right leaning as I am. Left leaning that some are. We came together as Americans then. Seems impossible now with everything being split apart with what seems like no common ground. But we are Humans. We have many of the same needs and wants. We have demonstrated compromise and progress in the past. We need this for a future,

I wish all my brothers success coming thru this and getting our lives closer and closer to normal.

Jim

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
Most of our businesses reopened last Friday. But prior to that, never really looked much different. But, we never had a mandatory state wide stay-at-home order, just a few of the bigger cities. And even there, many ignored it since there was never going to be any police enforcement of it. And, since it wasn't mandatory, there weren't any problems involving stool pigeons, telling on their neighbors for ignoring it. In a lot of states, that has happened. Horrible, neighbor ratting out neighbor. WTF are they thinking. Snitches get stitches, hexed by witches, thrown into ditches, Bitchez.

·
local painter
2,910 Posts
It was really nice being able to go on a date with the wife Monday. I’ve been fortunate things in my neck of the woods have been basically buisness as usual since the beginning other than restaurants closing their dinning rooms. And big box stores counting how many goes in and out at a time. I feel for the folks in states that still have strict guidelines in place. They are really stepping on civil liberties in some areas imo.

·
10,148 Posts
Oklahoma is the same. There never was a state wide mandatory stay at home order, nor mandatory mask wearing. So things, other than closed bars, restaurants, gyms, pet groomers, salons, etc closing was the only fallout. I never saw a huge decline in traffic on the road. The local lake I frequent was packed every weekend. Joggers, bikers, runners, fishers, etc.

No snitches in sight.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I will do my best to keep this non political.....well I lied. The state that was hit the hardest (New York) has like 40% or so of the covid 19 deaths but overall the state is for the lack of a better term, nasty. Not as nasty as California but nasty none the less. No offense to those who live in these two states as my comment isn't directed towards you. Its directed to the people running the "show". Florida has more people than New York, and arguably more senior citizens than any other state. New York having about 30 more people per square mile. We wont mention the people that visit Florida before the nationwide lock down, or even during to visit/be with family/friends. Florida has had a fraction of the amount of confirmed cases, and a fraction of the deaths.

According to several cities that have been studied, there are far more people that were infected with covid 19 than originally thought. Based off people having the antibodies in their blood stream. Antibodies in blood stream = have already been infected with the illness. Almost all of these previously infected people showed zero symptoms. Myself, I believe I had it about 4-6 weeks ago. For at least 10-15 days I lost 95% of my taste and some of my sense of smell. I also had a pretty big rash that developed on my arm/wrist area that came out of no where. I too had a bit of a coughing spell, however I counted the coughing out,due to this being allergy season for me. But the rash and the loss of taste/smell is definitely not normal for me.

The right leaning states have already started to open up or already opened back up with a few exceptions. Most of the left leaning states are on total lock down still. Matter of fact, people are being put in jail for opening up their business to a limited amount of customers. Just to have some sort of income to support their family. In another words, you don't have the right to work in a left leaning state. At first, this lock down was to just flatten the curve, the curve was flattened in a lot of places 2-3 weeks ago...now its a lock down until there is a cure. That could take years. After this is over some people are planning on boxing up their belongings and leaving places like California for example. The only problem is, where ever they move, if its a more centrist or right leaning state they will bring their left leaning mentality with them and vote for the left. The same elected officials they are fleeing. This is about the government controlling you. When they lose control of you, you get punished.

Now the economy. Never in my life time have I ever seen a economy as strong as the one that was just shut down. Never in my life did I see so many "NOW HIRING" signs. The economy was a train,full steam ahead (W0T as we gear heads like to call it) and sadly got derailed. You have to sit back and think about the big picture. A lot of other country leaders dislike our current POTUS. He is making them pay their fair share, asking for money that's owed and putting the American people first. There is a new sheriff in town and he doesn't play games with anyone, nor will he respond lightly to threats from abroad.

It has been a uphill muddy battle for this President, he has been through countless roadblocks but still manages to pull through. At first there was a stormy daniels scandal that was suppose to take him down. (which she admitted to making it up later on) Then there were several accusers that came forward saying the POTUS did things to them that should disqualify him from the office, etc and the POTUS threatened them with defamation lawsuits and all of a sudden they all went away as it didn't work out like they planned. Then the wonderful Russian scandal that was suppose to take him out. News media ran this crap more than anyone can dream of. After wasting the first 2.5-3 years of his first term, the Russian scandal ended with zero Americans in handcuffs. Then there was a Ukraine scandal that the media and left side pushed for after the failed Russian set up...it too played out and didn't lead up to anything. Then the democrats did their own investigation,wasting more and more tax payer dollars. For nothing...nothing came of it besides a phony impeachment just to please their base. And now they are doing a investigation on his handling of the covid 19 "crisis". To quote Nancy on whe she told a media source the other day
" He will not get a 2nd term".

What does this all have to do with each other? Well...the covid 19 "crisis" shut down the best economy USA has ever seen. Ever. On a election year none the less. Prior, the democrats had nothing to run on, and still don't as long the voter doesn't have their head in the sand. They cant run on the Russian hoax, or the Ukraine hoax or anything else. They have nothing..except this covid 19 that emerged. China hates USA worth a passion, yet we are their biggest customer. 90% of the things in your home come from China. Why? because we allow it. And all of a sudden, a illness gets out of control in China,and is allowed to spread to the USA, in a election year. The President tried to stop it from arriving on our land but was stopped by the democrats because it was "racist". China is use to walking all over us, with the current POTUS, that doesn't happen. At first the media was informing us we will be alright that the virus wouldn't hurt us, then it was "dont wear face masks" then 2 million + people were going to die due to this virus. Now the media has completely done a 180* and less than 100k people have died. And not every covid 19 death actually perished from only covid 19. If you had a stroke or a heart attack and passed away while having covid 19, you were counted as a covid 19 death. Does covid 19 kill people? sure does, so does the yearly flu but we don't shut down the USA for that.

Think for yourself, do your own homework. Don't let a specific media indoctrinate you. Ask questions. Stay open minded about some things. The elites and hollywood stars don't know everything. 95% have never lived in our shoes and they don't know whats good for us. They are the same people pushing for this green new deal crap, while they all fly around in their private jets, or own 3-4 homes etc. We cant be the worlds police, just like we cant be the worlds healthcare.

Every election without fail, republicans are racists, homophobic, etc. Its so obvious its political even Ray Charles can see it.

Lets get this economy started up!

·
10,148 Posts
And btw, that was an AWESOME post, baja5bss! Totally AWESOME!

·
Put the wet stuff on the red stuff
1,673 Posts
Excellent post Baja. Yes the economy has been roaring no doubt. I fought for years to get into the oil industry and finally was able to do so with all these opportunities becoming available. The job I got was literally life changing in my case. Unfortunately due to this virus and global events it has cause lay offs and I was involved in the statistics. I now fear what may lie ahead. These national riots are not helping our cause for unity as a country either. Stay vigilant.

·
10,148 Posts
Exactly. He had eight frikkin years to do so. Guess he was saving the info for his use only. Probably can't remember it anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts