Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been lurking around the forum picking up piece for a build for over 10 years and the time has arrive. Unfortunately, my fuel pump quit on me with the truck backed into the garage up against the wall. I can pushed the truck out but it is tucked into the garage slightly behind the garage door framing and next to the wall on the passenger side. Also, my garage is 90 degrees left of the house on a "L" shaped driveway that tilts way from the house at a 20% slope.

Before the fuel pump died, I intended to pulled the bed to clean up the frame rails, lower the rear of the truck, and install a Walbro fuel pump. Which brings me to my question; is there enough room between the rear bumper and cab to tilt the bed up to access the fuel pump?

I'm trying to avoid pushing the truck out and potentially have it stranded in the driveway during the spring time in Colorado. We get a lot of snow. If I have no other option than so be it. Any other suggestion other than dropping the tank? Also, should I replace the entire fuel pump assembly? If so, should I upgrade to the lightnings fuel pump assembly? I already have one Walbro pump. I'm installing a built motor with a ported MP. How much HP/TQ can a single Walbro support? If I'm not considering everything that I should, please let me know.

Thanks,
CB

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sadly the fuel pump hat on the HD’s is under the cab. I would remove the bumper and lift the bed just so you have more room to play to drop the tank. Cuz being under the truck doing the job sucks imo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts