Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll spare you the pics of the factory stuff but its small and the inlet is only 5/8 and 3/4 outlet I'm guessing for pressure differential/flow to the reservoir tank mounted in the engine bay.
After digging out my old bong water tank and cheeseburger in paradise cooler I've put this together. (bed mount)
All 3/4 in's & out's.
I'm looking for a 12v pump to push from pump, to 10~12' through the 3/4" silicone hose to the inter cooler, out to the front mount heat exchanger back to the res tank and then through the ice chiller (2) heat exchangers.
GPH? head pressure? compact size for packaging?
Blue Material property Gas Engineering Wood
Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bumper
Shipping box Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part

·
10 second street truck
12,840 Posts
Have you researched alternators yet?

With those fans, pump and your fuel system I'd consider it.

As far as that setup I have nothing for you.

@Certified Drunk might know a bed pump because he's got a setup with a bed mounted tank.

I run a jabsco pump. Stock intercooler. Stock heat exchanger. Larger reservoir. Larger lines.

My datalogs show no issues with iat2 and the end of a pull.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes 225 amp tought stuff plug and play, I will get to that system Ater you guys help me with this. Also what type of fluid ? water dexcool red pop ect? Im in Michigan and my cars sit 6 months, Car season is coming to an end here so I have to consider easy service ability if there is such a thing.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ewp150 if you want one of the best.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I'm running a Jabsco and 7gal bed tank with 3/4'' line up to my engine bay. This pump really flows.

I have like two new Jabsco pumps if your interested in buying one. Shoot me a PM

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so the EWP150 has -16 with O ring into a barb 1" or reduced 3/4"? . but all other stuff intercooler, heat exchanger all 3/4 npt, barbs, hose?
I just bought the EWP150, trying to figure out the stuff above

·
10 second street truck
12,840 Posts
I'm not an expert in flow/velocity but usally its a size in higher pressure and a larger size out return low pressue.
Correct at a constant volume as diameter increases pressure decreases.

Trick makes an intercooler with 1" barbs. I don't have an answer for the heat exchanger because I haven't felt a need to change mine. Data shows for my driving style my heat exchanger wasn't an issue

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
got my pump and other related stuff.
I'm going to come out of reservoir tank 3/4" to 1" pump, 1" pump and silicone hose to 1" on ice box, 3/4" out of ice box and hose to 3/4" intercooler and front mount heat exchanger back to 3/4" reservoir.
Using 50/50 Dexcool for transfer fluid.
I hope it pumps?, I'll post my results when it's set up.
Automotive tire Azure Rim Fender Material property

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Not my set up but mine is almost identical. I believe this is @NMSVT setup. It’s a EWP150 39.63gpm.
View attachment 548903
Yup that’s my setup! Really like the pump and the setup I did. I run 1in lines throughout the whole system. I had my Trick Intercooler fitted to 1in barbs. On I had to plumb the IC lines with 1in elbows to help with bending and the big ass plenum that hits them…

My truck loves eating Inter coolers tho. It suck’s! Don’t know what the problem can be… have excellent flow from the ewp150. Until recently it started giving me a high pitched noise… most likely a bearing that’s failing. Will need to contact Davies Craig for that.

·
10 second street truck
12,840 Posts
Yup that’s my setup! Really like the pump and the setup I did. I run 1in lines throughout the whole system. I had my Trick Intercooler fitted to 1in barbs. On I had to plumb the IC lines with 1in elbows to help with bending and the big ass plenum that hits them…

My truck loves eating Inter coolers tho. It suck’s! Don’t know what the problem can be… have excellent flow from the ewp150. Until recently it started giving me a high pitched noise… most likely a bearing that’s failing. Will need to contact Davies Craig for that.

I'd ask trick what they're rated to pressure wise and see what pressure within your system is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts