Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of my monster inlet showing next week i need to pick up a few things.
Before I fork out $80 plus shipping to MMR for their remote IAC block are there other options?
Also instead of the remote block was there not an IAC valve that was already setup to be run remote with hose fittings built in?

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well thanks to carmello he just saved me a couple bux and happened to have a remote iac to sell!

· NO SPONSORS
5,683 Posts
Nice! I think I saw somebody on here put some barb fittings in the stock one. Also I have a mustang one here that has a hose on one side and on the flat side it has only one opening. Also accufab makes one but not sure how much

· Registered
193 Posts
For future reference you can tap the holes to 3/8 npt very easily. That's all I did.

Attachments

· Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
I need to do this for my custom sheet metal intake..... would be nice to not have to weld a huge block on the side of it.

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great options guys. had wondered if i could have just tapped them for fittings.
Intake showed today, now just have to acquire a few more parts, a filter and time to install this puppy

· Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,724 Posts
weld an IAC block onto the plenum in the factory location like the KB kits do, no extra clutter from extra hoses like the remote kits!

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
weld an IAC block onto the plenum in the factory location like the KB kits do, no extra clutter from extra hoses like the remote kits!
It crossed my mind, but didn't know where to get my hands on a block. It's not out of the question. My intake isn't painted yet.

· Registered
3,003 Posts
I was thinking of cutting the factory lightning one off the plenum and welding it to the bottom of the roush elbow...but I think it would be to bulky ..
remote style would be a lot cleaner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.