Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for looking...

In my life long quest to clean up the engine bay I would like to move the air filter inside the fender.

Anyone has done this with custom pipes?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
shouldn't need a tune

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
wont need a tune? maybe if you ran a tube from the current MAF to the fender well but other than that i would think a tune as well, i think most would agree it would look silly set up with a tube coming from the MAF housing in its current location

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Neat thread, keep up the work interesting to say the least!

·
aka EZTRBO
1,679 Posts
I have a setup that I just removed , with filter located under my front bumper, but some butchering had to be done to the metal inner fender to make it fit, any ways I removed it cus I lower my front end and now rubs on my tire . also Im in the middle of a engine built and other things. bottom line not much clearance down there fyi

·
aka EZTRBO
1,679 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
You have to be careful if you use any tubing with a bend in it before the MAF meter. The MAF as designed is designed for a laminar air flow, and any curved tubing in front of it may induce turbulence in the air flow. If it does, a re-tune will probably be necessary.

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
I know that Paul's [mr12volt] turbo truck has the filter and the MAF down in the front probably because of what Robert said above. And yeah, I know turbo's are different, but there's some good diameter pipe running forward from the engine through the radiator brace wall. Its an interesting concept. One of the guys at Vinnies had his coolant tank in _front_ of the radiator under the shroud. Paul also has his eFan in front of the radiator blowing thru it. I like thinking outside the box. Keep us posted.

Mike

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
At one time I was contemplating relocating the radiator overflow tank to make some room for a cold air tube. I'm using a JLP IC reservoir, so my thought was to reinstall the stock IC reservoir and use it as the overflow tank for the radiator. It will take some creativity to reroute the hose from the tank to the radiator. After the overflow is gone from the stock location it should be no problem getting something done. I need to revisit it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.