Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has placed their battery where the washer fluid tank is....

i have a canton ic tank that goes where the battery is...
and a reaally nice billet optima battery tray. so im trying to figure out how to keep them both under the hood.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turn the intercooler tank sideways.
It's pretty big, I dunno if it'll fit.

I wouldn't want to put the battery any further forward than it already is.
I was thinking the same thing. I have also thought about putting the battery in the bed, but I still use my truck as a truck when needed, and would prefer to not have the battery exposed

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so after taking some measurements, i'm 99% sure I can relocate the vacuum box, rotate the battery, and put that behemoth canton tank in place of the factory tank.

The only issue is mounting, I guess I will be buying some heavy gauge bracketry or maybe devise a system of pulleys and rope that suspend the battery and tank, whilst puppeteering it as the hood opens and closes....

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
why dont you just relocate the battery under the bed

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
They are 304 stainless studs on a stainless backer plate. You use a special epoxy to adhere the backer plate to whatever. I am using the 1/4-20 ones. 1.5 inch in length. Each one holds 600 lbs in sheer strength so they will be plenty strong. The plastic casing is so that you can place it where you want it without the glue touching. Then you just push it down and walk away for 15 minutes while it cures. No welding and no disimilar metal issues. Here are some pics. I am also going to use these to make my grill block off plate for taking it to the track.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.