Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a hook-up?
I need an aftermarket tensioner and their Manual/Spring assist unit looks like the ticket.
I've searched Modularfords,SVT performance and NLOC.
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok,how about Reichard Racing vs Magnum Powers.
I see there was a GB on the MP unit a little while back.
Is everyone who got in on it happy with theirs?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
i picked one up in the group buy. ive seen pictures of the Reichard unit and it looks alot nicer and i think its double the money. im happy with the mp tensioner, Ive got it set on the strongest setting and have no belt slip at all.

it takes everything ive got with 3ft bar to push it down to remove/install the belt

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it takes everything ive got with 3ft bar to push it down to remove/install the belt

Supposed to be a nice feature of the RR unit.Changing pulleys/belt is a MUCH easier process...

Any RR users wanna chime in?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
Won a used one on Ebay. Its getting polished and installed today. No more breaker bar and i can use the same belt with a variety of pullies now. No more belt slip, no more too tight belts wiping out idler bearings!!!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the spring assited model today.
No luck finding a Discount code.:smt102
In fact they say the $319 price on the website is wrong (hasn't been updated in 4 yrs??) charged me $359 + shipping.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
In fact they say the $319 price on the website is wrong (hasn't been updated in 4 yrs??) charged me $359 + shipping.
Be careful.. I order twice from him and my parts got lost in the mail???:smt102 Try to put a claim with paypal and end up loosing my money twice. :smt013

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Be careful.. I order twice from him and my parts got lost in the mail???:smt102 Try to out a claim with paypal and end up loosing my money twice. :smt013
Sorry to hear that.
I am getting a little nervous,they were supposed to ship Mon and e-mail me tracking info.
I have heard nothing,and they don't answer the phone when I call,can't leave messages.Says mailbox is full??
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt till Fri,but seems like a pretty poor way to run a Business!

·
Slowly But Surely
3,528 Posts

Yea he said the same thing to me when I was going to order a set of intake adapters. Thankfully I found a set for sale on here and bought them.

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
I installed the manual Reichard Tensioner last night and its awesome. I love how easy it installed and adjusted. Just got to figure out how tight to make it since its manual and locked into a position.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got mine in the mail today.Looks really nice!:bigtu
Did you guys have to do any grinding for idler clearance as mentioned in the instructions?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts