Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tyler Woosley.
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As winter is approaching i realized a maf upgrade is long due. What would the reccomended maf be for a 4lb lower? And is a tune neccesary for a new maf?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I ran the stock 90mm MAF with my 6# Lower on my HD and it did not peg.

Saying that, I would have thought a 4lb would be fine but as you should retune for a 4# Lower, you'll either be on the dyno or datalogging for your tuner who will be able to advise you.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Sct ba2600 .Yes you need it tuned.
I think blowerslut has a maf for sale

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
stock 90 will be just fine... ran a 6lb lower for years on the stock maf
i would skip the 4lb and buy a 6lb then if you want to be safe just buy ba26-2800
maf..

·
Registered
760 Posts
id say a mafia with your 90mm just to have that safe barrier. id hate for you to be pegging it. You should do some datalogging first to see if the MAF is being pushed to the limit currently.

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,064 Posts
Stock MAF will work fine for your combo, Just run a log and check the MAF counts for yourself.

·
Registered
760 Posts

·
SLINGSHOT...ENGAGED
2,608 Posts
I've been running a SCT ba3000 for about 3 years now with no issues..

·
Slevin
1,019 Posts
Its Texas, it wont get cold enough to peg MAF

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,251 Posts
What does your tuner suggest?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Call your tuner and see what they prefer.

A SCT BA2600 should be perfect and give you enough room to go up to a 6lber later one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My truck has had a 4lb'er on it it's whole life. Stock MAF, JJ tune but never really ragged on the truck. In FL the temp really doesnt get that low to cause trouble but like I said, I still dont push it much and really don't when cold. Just get a safe tune and enjoy. If you want the power, get the 6'er, different MAf or MAFIA and data log/dyno tune to be on the safe side...

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,657 Posts
I wouldn't run it without a MAF upgrade, but it's not my truck

·
Stock block 11 second club
10,556 Posts
Although a MAF upgrade probably isn't necessary with a 4# lower in Texas it is good insurance, provides room for future growth and potentially saves you the cost of retuning at a later date should you choose to upgrade the MAF down the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts