Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
My Hankooks Hate Me!
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading the "Pulling the Eaton Snout off" thread and i really wanna get my ported blower snout rebuilt. Can this be done at home or does it need to be sent off??

Info please?

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
yes rolling performance offers good stuff... and it comes with oil...

i need to do this as well... but i dont feel like doing it...lol

·
The abandoner
3,510 Posts
yes rolling performance offers good stuff... and it comes with oil...

i need to do this as well... but i dont feel like doing it...lol
same here, i just keep putting it off

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
i changed all my idler bearings and it still made the noise... i was like WTF got the backyard stethoscope out and sure enough its the snout bearing...

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
I think if I ever pull the eaton back off I need to tackle this.... sure I will bookmark the info i get out of this thread for the future for sure.

·
My Hankooks Hate Me!
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, i need a link.... I looked for rolling perf on Ebay and just found a rolling engine stand... Also typed in Eaton Snout rebuild kit and all that popped up was the M90...

Need links please....

·
The abandoner
3,510 Posts
Ok, i need a link.... I looked for rolling perf on Ebay and just found a rolling engine stand... Also typed in Eaton Snout rebuild kit and all that popped up was the M90...

Need links please....
rollingperformance parts are only sold through their website.
i remember back when imfamous did that write up there was a million listings on ebay for m112 rebuild kits, just looked and couldnt really find anything.

i also found this company that sells snout rebuild kits, priced pretty decent, no feedback.

http://www.sinisterdd.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=96

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Just watch how you put the seal on the shaft. It's a 2 direction seal and you can fold the important one the wrong direction easily. Find a shaft that's close to the same diameter if you can, put the seal on there, and put it in the freezer for a little while. This hardens the seal up close to the correct diameter and it'll be a lot easier to get on correctly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts