Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what year Rear window plastic sorround are compatible with a 2001 Lightning ?? Mine has a few clips broken now & I pulled a extended cab plastic sorround to find out the clips were different .

·
Registered
606 Posts
97 through 03 will fit i think. But the donor has to be a single cab or crew cab. The extended cab wont work tabs are located dif. Thats the way it is for the 97 fiberglass smooth surrond cause i converted mine to a 1 piece back glass

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,977 Posts
2004 should work as well, as long as you get one from a Heritage Edition. That's what the 2004 Lightning is, according to the VIN. What's confusing is that Ford also had another F-150 that was totally different in 04. So I don't even use 04 anymore. last time I tried it to get some plugs, from the dealer. They gave me the plugs for the 3 valve F-150, even though I said Lightning.

And yeah, I like the slider as well. No way I'd put a solid window in mine. My rear window surround is still original, and looks like new. Garage kept and I use a lot of Jet Black on it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
2004 should work as well, as long as you get one from a Heritage Edition. That's what the 2004 Lightning is, according to the VIN. What's confusing is that Ford also had another F-150 that was totally different in 04. So I don't even use 04 anymore. QUOTE)
There was a design change in 2004. Ford kept building the 1997 to 2003 design in 2004 and just called it the Heritage Edition.

·
9,977 Posts
Isn't that exactly what I said?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a certain year that had the fiberglass ?? My local junkyard dosent have any so I’m on car part . com

·
9,977 Posts
Think it's the 97/98 F-150 that had the fiberglass surrounds. Just what I recollect from reading here. Think all Lightnings had the plastic one. I know my 2000 did. So that would be 99 - 04 have the plastic surround.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Is there a how to on this. I need to change mine out??

·
700/800 Club
1,306 Posts
Is there a certain year that had the fiberglass ?? My local junkyard dosent have any so I’m on car part . com
1997 F150's, some 98's had them as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts