Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lowered 4x4
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is a 2001 4.6L with 4r70w transmission, K&N cai, and a slp loudmouth exhaust.
I have a sct x3 with 3 custom tunes i ordered from vmptuning
and when i first received it i was using the 93 performance tune and i could notice that when i rev'd up the engine while in park or in neutral, my exhaust would kinda backfire....i.e. pop and crackle, but when i was running the 87 performance and 87 gas mileage tune, it would not. so i assumed i was running rich and i just stuck to using the 87 performance tune.

well today i got a wild hair and decided to see what i could do with the 93 performance tune, and its still crackling and popping like expected, so i datalogged a few runs. If someone doesn't mind checking out my datalogs let me know and i can email the files to you and hopefully i can get some help, (also i'll be sending the datalog files to justin at vmp and see what he says).
Thanks in advanced,
Eric

·
Lowered 4x4
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah he was a great guy to talk to when i was having speedo problems when he first sent me my tunes, eventually he got it, but by then i figured out how to do it myself.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
Anyone know if these motors are the same as far as timing?

I noticed in his datalog on a 93 octane tune that its running 18-19* of timing.

I know on our L's thats way too high for a 93 tune.....

the n/a trucks can run a lil' more timing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts