Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me what fuse the radiator fan is its not coming on at all.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Truck has a clutch fan from the factory. If you have an Efan it is one that someone else added, you will have to trace wires and find it yourself or post up pics of the setup.

·
Retired Odderator
3,305 Posts
Truck has a clutch fan from the factory. If you have an Efan it is one that someone else added, you will have to trace wires and find it yourself or post up pics of the setup.
What he said. +1

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the two wires go to the firewall on the passenger side above the starter solenoid.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Sounds like it may be a JDM Efan setup if it looks factory and runs to there. You'll need to post pics though, the JDM setup doesn't use fuses, only fusable links, even if you pop one cycling the key should reset it. Pics and a better description on the problem and we will get you squared away.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay ill post some pics

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Definetly a JDM fan setup, lucky find if I do so say myself, its over $800 new. There is no fuses with that setup per say, so I would start with the temp sensor that screws into the side of the block, common issue. Does the fan work still when you turn the AC on?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No when i turn the A/C on it doesnt come on.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
We have very similar issues with our trucks lol...These two relays do fail and so does the sensor on the drivers side of the block. The replacement sensor is $35 and quality relays are about the same iirc(or more). I just ordered a much better adjustable e fan controller and harness from Mad...it comes with a much better setup and is only like $108. Killer customer service and if you need any help there are a lot of these in members trucks. I've been collecting how-to info and plan on installing and documenting the complete swap if you need help. I was buying the 30amp relays and frying them, sensors break...gets expensive. Hope this helps ya!

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
No when i turn the A/C on it doesnt come on.
Could also be the AC relay in the fuse box under the hood is bad....it will most likely be the one with an odd wire coming out from under it lol...that relay also controls if the fan comes on when the AC cuts on.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Should i replace the relays with a bigger relay on the firewall or keep them the same. And thanks guys for the info.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I changed relays and let the truck warm up to192 and the fan still wont come on. I checked all the other fuses and relays to. Maybe the Temp sensor?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ill try jumping the fan and see if that helps.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I jumped the fan and it wouldnt come on so i guess i have to start looking for another fan. I dont know if it would be cheaper to get a stock replacement or find one on line.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
The e fans from Mustangs, Crown Vics, and Mark 8s are easily modded to fit our radiators and/or shrouds.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well i found my probelm the harness that plugs into my fan on the inside was burnt up now Im going to go to a local parts store and see if they have after market harness.:bigtu

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Well i found my probelm the harness that plugs into my fan on the inside was burnt up now Im going to go to a local parts store and see if they have after market harness.:bigtu
Try cleaning the prongs and leads with sand paper and then apply di electric grease unless its real bad. Mad enterprises should be able to hook you up with a harness (or a part#) if you can't find one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts