Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been browsing the over on YellowBullet lately and always been interested in the drag radial. I need to get some tires due to have have to open up a can of whoop ass on a skinny/tattoo/punk in Delaware. I know what suspension adjustments I have to do with a slick but what adjustments has to be done on a drag radial?. I see guys run a slick and switch them out for a set of DRs and they run faster. Im not gonna beat a dead horse hear but which one would you go for. Yes I know Casey is the King on Drs, so opinions please.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts

·
Yeah It's Stock
2,829 Posts

·
Administrator
18,594 Posts
The radial slick will be more forgiving of suspension setup and track conditions. The 315 DR that Casey runs is great if everything is perfect. I have a set of each on Bogarts. The radial slick is quite a bit lighter. I have the lightweight slick which has a flimsier sidewall than the regular radial slick. And nowhere near as stiff as the DR. My truck is lighter than most and I have had good service out of the lightweight radial slick. For a number, they will stay on my truck. For the street or on a day I don't feel like swapping stuff around the DRs should bring 9 sec passes. So pick your poison.

You can try either if you want. Unfortunately both of my wheelsets are only 10".

Jim

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
LOL, ya I fixed that
you FAIL on a call out thread LOL only a puffy chested jersey cop could do that ... what a tool.... :smt042:smt042:smt042

just get the drag radials you ****... or better yet get the slicks so i dont have to hear you complain about not having the right tire when I open a can on you and your black bitch....:potstirring

oooo and for the record my fellow lightning rodders.... Brad told me he LOVED me today ..... :shocked003:shocked003

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts

·
Eaton ain't cheatin
1,537 Posts
so when is this going down? and where?

Brad you didn't buy slicks for your bogarts yet?

Jimmy i wont say all the stuff that Brad tells me here on the boards, people might start asking questions lol

·
Administrator
18,594 Posts
because I hate the feel of bias ply's on the rear and radials up front...

and radials are turning out faster times :bigtu

Where are you finding radial front runners???

And what fast Lightning has switched from any slick(much less radial slick) to DRs and gained anything???

Casey is the only fast street type Lightning I know running fast on the DR. But Casey's combo makes WAY more power and is lighter than the rest by quite a bit. The power delivery of the turbos also works better than PD chargers with the DRs.

As I said, I have both DRs(315 MT) and Hoosier radial slicks. I know the slicks work better on mine and it does nor wallow around up top like bias ply slicks do. And I have no issues with radial out back and bias ply up front. With mismatched sizes of tires that crap goes out the window.

Jim

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
its on brads time ... we gotta wait till his pinky heals up .. or whatever wouldnt want him to have a handicap... LOL

im running a 27.5 in drag radial..... mickeys but im not running times like casey LOL

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
I run Hoosier radial slicks, I've cut the best of 1.37 60ft with them. I like the way they feel at top end 130 mph+
They don't feel like they are floating like regular slicks at 130+.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
for your bogarts, hoosier radial slicks. C06 compound.

for your 18's, a set of DR's

Stop spending that money though and get the bar done! lol

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I have the 30" Hoosier radial slicks. Best of 1.47 60ft. They seem to be more stable than the regular 30" slicks. You should be able to tweek a good launch with shock adjustment and air pressure. Depends on track condition.

If they are not stable for you Brad just layer up some blue tape on the side walls and your GTG.[smilie=om

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.