Lightning Rodder banner

Race video from Last night

5K views 43 replies 22 participants last post by  B4Thunder03 
#1 ·
You can see the puff of smoke at the end of the run.. ☹
I'll have the engine on the stand tomorrow. Yes, it's hurt. 🤢
Then I get to clean up the F'n mess from the oil spraying all over the engine compartment.
On with the video.

#8 ·
Got dang it Marty!!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

#9 ·
Sucks to hear this. These things are so expensive and time consuming to repair. Hope it is not severe.
What happened on the line? That little hiccup could have thrown the load tables way off. I have learned to abort any run that does not leave right.

Jim

#11 ·
Very sorry to hear this Marty. I am hoping that the damage is not too catastrophic.

#14 ·
Ouch. Is it just the one cylinder? Maybe you can just replace the one sleeve and that one head if its damaged? Any idea on what wld have caused that? My first thought was a flawed piston/bad fordging?

#17 ·
The damage was to just one cylinder. It's going to get a new sleeve and piston.
All new bearings and rings.
The cause was a faulty fuel injector.
Well thats alot better than it cld have been. Sucks about the injector. Heres to a quick reup and back at it for ya. 👍.

Reactions: junioRace
#18 ·
Cd, do you have a vampire box? If not it may be a good investment for you seeing as how you push ur truck to the limit. Just an idea. It may have been able to save your motor, if the damage was caused from detonation. Seems like cheap insurance considering hiw much you spent on that beast of a motor.

#19 ·
Vampire wouldn't have saved it. That is from an extremely lean condition, not detonation. I dunno what could have been done to know that was happening. Amazing how quickly that damage was done. I am glad as well that it was not hurt any worse than this.... I watched a puff of smoke like that one time at the 1000' mark with Joe Holt's truck. Drove down to the end of track and there was a pool of chocolate milk 6' in diameter. His only word's were, "I'm done."

#21 ·
The only thing that could of possibly saved Marty's engine would of been a stand alone computer that measures egt's from each cylinder. After a faulty cylinder is seen, the stand alone would of pulled all timing out of the vehicle, or at a minimum from that cylinder with the faulty injector.

#28 ·
Will you be sending that injector back to the manufacture to see what went wrong? Id 1700s right? I almost wouldn't trust the other 7 not knowing how or why that injector failed.

Reactions: Boss Hoss
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.